Chapter 1: Talking to Austin

Alaina's point of view

__________________

I looked at the clock and we still had 5 minutes. Why does time have to go by so slow waiting for winter break?

***

Finally the bell rang and we were dismissed. As I saw everyone say goodbye to their friends I felt lonely. I walked out the front doors and to my car. I got in and just sat there for a little bit. As I was looking around I saw the guy I have a crush on. He is adorable with his blonde hair and baby blue eyes. He is 5' 6" and a senior like me.

As I was staring at him he looked over at me and smiled. Oh how I love his good boy smile! His name is Austin Parker and I have had a crush on him since freshman year. Yes I know it's weird that the bad girl is crushing on the good boy. If he ever found out I would die. I mean, who would want to go out with the shy bad girl who has no friends, gets bullied, and has another side that no one has seen before?

That's when I got a text.

Mrs. Jones: Are you coming to the academy to teach today?

Me: Yes. On my way. Cya soon :)

Mrs. Jones: okay. Bye

I took a final glance at Austin and drove off.

***

We were dismissed from school at 2:10and I left at 2:20. I arrived at the dance academy at 2:30. I love that it is so close to my school.

I walked in and saw Mrs. Jones. I gave her a quick hug and headed to my studio. I get studio A because I come in every week to practice and teach a private lesson. I had 15 minutes to get ready before my student came in. I went to my locker and put on my leotard. It's black, of course. I put my hair up into the perfect bun as always. The music doc is in the front of the room and I went and plugged in my iPod.

That's when I heard my student. Her name is Cassie and she is 6 years old. Her parents usually bring her but this time I heard a different voice with her. I feel like I know that voice. Cassie runs up to me and I give her a big hug. I put her down and looked up at the guy that was with her. It was Austin.

"Alaina, this is my big brother Austin," Cassie said.

"I didn't know he was your brother but I do know him."

"How?"

"We go to school together," Austin added, "we have almost every class together."

"Yay! My brother knows my teacher!" Cassie exclaimed. Austin and I both laughed and he smiled at me.

"Cassie, you ready for your lesson?" I asked.

"YES!" she screamed.

"Hey, can I come back when her lesson is over? I have to grab some groceries," Austin added.

"Yeah just be back in half an hour to pick Cassie up."

"Okay. Will do."

***

We finished the lesson and Austin came back. "Are you going to that party tonight?" he asked me.

"No, parties aren't really my thing."

"Oh. Okay."

"Did you want me to come?"

"Kinda. But it's ok. Parties really aren't for me either."

"Alaina, will you come to my house? I want to hang out with you. We can watch movies, play games, do makeup, and u can sleep in my room!" Cassie added.

"Umm I don't know. We have to see if it's ok with your parents and mine... and Austin."

"I don't mind," he replied, "it sounds like fun."

"Ok well u ask your parents and I will ask mine. But first I need to change and drop my school stuff off at home."

"Right. You do that and I will take Cassie home. I can call you with their answer."

"Cool. My number is 757-491-3726." Oh my gosh! I just gave my crush my number!!!!!!!!

"Okay talk to you soon."

"Bye Alaina!" Cassie Exclaimed and gave me a hug. Then they walked to their car.

***

I pull into my driveway and grab my stuff from the passenger seat. Im the only child and both of my parents work so there was no one home when I pulled in. I unlock the door and head upstairs to my room. I put my stuff away and take out my phone. I didn't have any messages so I called my mom.

"Hello?"

"Hey mom. It's me."

"Do you need something? Im about to go into a meeting."

"Actually yes. The girl I teach in ballet wants me to come over and have a sleepover so I can hang out with her and her brother that is my age. Can I go?"

"Yes. As long as it's okay with their parents."

"Kay. Thanks. Talk to you later. I love you mom. Bye!"

"Love ya too. Bye."

As soon as I hang up it starts ringing again. It's an unknown number so it's probably Austin. I answered it. "Hey."

"Hi it's Austin. They said its fine."

"Cool. My mom said yes too."

"Great. You're spending the night, right?"

"If you and Cassie want."

"Yes. Cassie is SO excited."

"Awesome. Ill pack and head over."

"Actually I was wondering if I could pick you up."

"Sure. My address is 7139 Apricot lane."

"Ok. See ya soon."

"Bye."

Im so excited and really nervous at the same time. Im going to my crushes house! Im afraid he won't like me back. I mean who would? I wouldn't.

I was wearing the same outfit I wore to school. My favorite black skinny jeans, red shirt and red bandana, and my black and white leather jacket. I added my black crop top and basketball shorts to my bag with two pairs of socks. I packed faded skinny jeans and a red and black plaid shirt for tomorrow. I ran down the stairs and put on my black combat boots.

***

I heard the doorbell ring and grabbed my backpack. I went and answered the door. "Ready?" Austin asked.

"Ready."

"Cool. Come on."

We walked to his car. He had a black 2014 Chevy Camaro. He opened the door for me and closed it once I got in. He is such a gentleman! Now I like him even more. I didn't think that was possible.

***

We got to his house and he opened the door for me. I followed him inside where I saw his parents. "Hi Mr and Mrs. Parker. Nice to see you again."

"It's nice that you came to hang out with Cassie and Austin." Mr. Parker said.

"No problem Mr. Parker."

"Please, call us Chris and Emily."

"Okay Chris"

"Well we are going to pick up some pizza. Have fun." Emily added.

"Bye."