Part 2

You stagger backwards in surprise. "Who are you?"

"A humble servant of Camelot." the boy says. He has a calm and commanding tone. "Come to protect the King and his Princess." he turns his head to Sophie.

Sophie shakes her head beside you. "But....but..."

"Well, I suppose that isn't the whole truth." the boy responded with a slight grin, but kept his strong facade. "My loyalty is to Camelot and I will fight until my dying breath to make sure the rightful king weds the rightful queen. But I've also come to find someone else along the way. Someone I saw in a storybook and haven't been able to stop thinking about since. Someone who in my quest to protect Camelot...perhaps I can protect too."

"Who?" Sophie asks cautiously.

"The girl who's already protected me." From inside his shirt, the boy pulls a red rose. He leans slowly in, and kisses her.

_______________________________

"What's the matter, Y/n?" Agatha says, as you wait on the Igraine for Dovey to call you and the rest of the Questers. You realise Agatha must have spotted the jealousy still etched in your face and quickly force a smile to mask it.

"Nothing, I promise." you say, and try to change the subject. "So who is this boy?" you ask, even though you know that no one will be able to answer it.

"For the last time!" Sophie says, "Just because he kissed me doesn't mean I have the slightest idea who he is, okay?"

"I wasn't asking you." You shoot back, a little too aggressively, and Sophie raises her eyebrows.

"What's got into you?" Sophie replies, but all of a sudden, a glow of bright blue light appears in the air in front of you.

"Girls..."

"Professor Dovey!" Agatha cuts in. "Have you heard about the Four Point? There was this boy..."

"I know."

"You know?" You say loudly.

"I don't know who he is. But it matters. Not just because we need him on our side, but because we need to know what he wants..."

"I told you all, he wants me." Sophie said, and you bite your lip in frustration, although you're not exactly sure why.

"A boy doing Good deeds to impress an Evil Dean." Dovey asked.

"Good boys love bad girls. Everyone my age knows that." Sophie said, getting agitated.

"What happened to you not needing a boy, Sophie?" You ask. "I thought you were an independent woman now or something."

She scoffs. "I can still be independent Y/n, just whilst married to that boy!"

"You don't even know his name!" you exclaim. "How do you know he's even good?"

"It's true that if he was so good, he would have applied to the School for Good when he came of age," Dovey explained, "but I've studied his face carefully through my crystal ball and i am certain that I've never come across this boy before, nor any application for him to join the school."

"What about Tedros? Does he know about what happened at the Four Point?" Agatha asks, her voice laced with worry.

"As a matter of fact, he's riding out with Lancelot now to meet the Lion at Sherwood Forest."