Fever, Illusions, And Searching

Начните с самого начала

"Honey, you can't listen to us. We're in your head. That headache is more than what you think" I hear a woman say, looking around. Nothin'.
"Lu?" I ask, kneeling down and holding my head. It hurts! Why?! I don't notice the tears going down my face.

"Ey! Don't cry, lil girlie. Get a grip of yourself! Ya wanna find tha' lil girl ya gotta fight! Don't be a pussy and quit now" I hear the amusing crackheaded redneck, I look around and actually see him leaning on a tree lighting a cigarette.

"Merle… I ain't like you or Daryl. Hell, I don't have the strength my grandpa had" I mumble, falling on the ground and feeling my forehead. A fever? Shit. How the fuck could I get a fever when its 90 or 80 degrees out?

"Nah, if your grandpappy had the strength he wouldn' a downed them sleepin' pills. Now would he?" Merle says, making me growl, I get on my hands and knees so I can get back up. 
I sit up and slowly stand up.
"You didn't know him! He just didn't have hope for himself anymore" I mumble, finally getting on my feet and looking around. Merle was gone. He was a goddamn illusion.

"Freya remember that time on a visit, you and I got lost in the forest. Remember?" I hear my cousin say, I turn around and start looking for her. She didn't live very far from the highway now that I think about it. 
"Ellie?" I ask, looking for her, I see her sitting criss cross. She has a bite mark on her collarbone. 
"El…..What happened?" I ask as she disappears.
I glare at the ground. Fucking illusions. I look around the forest again. 

Sophia. Where are you?

I notice it's getting dark so I start making my way back to the cabin. 

I need to find Sophia and get her back to her mama. 

◇☆◇☆◇☆

I open my eyes. When did I get back to the cabin? I look around and see the forest floor. I passed out didn't I? Why does it look like its still light, it was darker out? 
I huff and slowly get up, feeling more queasy than before, I pause and bend over, dry heaving.

I don't have anything to throw up. I wipe away the saliva from my mouth and breathe a bit. I check my hip for my tantos and Sophia's doll and start walking back towards the cabin, I lost one of my tantos, I bet I left it at the creek. I realize I slept through the night and its day now. I glare at the ground when my stomach growls. Need to get back to the cabin. 

◇☆◇☆◇☆

"Looks like the lil girl made it" I hear Merle say as I look at the empty can. I glance at him to see if it really is him, I look at his right hand, its still there so he's an illusion.

"You were out longer than ya thought, kid" Merle says, I look out and see that it is getting dark and my fever still isn't better.
I need to find Sophia, she's alone and most likely scared as all hell. 

I need real sleep. I won't be able to find Sophia in the dark and my head feels like it was continuously hit against a goddamn tree from hell. 

◇☆◇☆◇☆

3rd Person POV
(Morning)

"How long have these girls been gone?" The old man named Hershel asks. Rick sighs.

"3 days" Someone says. Rick points at the map, pointing at a spot where a cabin was that Daryl found the day before. Hershel leaves. 

"We know Raven made it to a certain point probably died soon after, but Sophia we don't know if she's aliv-" Shane starts, Daryl interrupts. 

"Sophia was there. The sticky note Raven left marks day 1 another one marks day 2, an' that can in the cabin was freshly opened. Both 'em girls are alive" Daryl says, annoyed. A young teenage boy, maybe 17 or 18, steps up.

"I'd like to help. I know the area pretty well" The teenager says, Rick looks at him, unsure. 

"Hershel okay with this?" Rick asks, the boy gets nervous but nods. 
"Yeah, he said I should ask you" The boy said, Rick nodded. 
"All right then, thanks" Rick says. 

(AN: *purposely skips Shane being an asshole because he pissed me off with his little shit fit*)

"Maybe we'll pick up their trail again" Rick says, Daryl shakes his head. 
"No maybe 'bout it. I'm gonna borrow a horse. Head up to this ridge here, take a birds eye view of the whole grid. If they up there I'll spot them" Daryl says, pointing at the map on the hood of the car.
T-Dog agrees. 

"Good idea" T-Dog says then he smirks.
"Maybe you'll see that chupacabra of yours up there too" He continues chuckling, Daryl glares as Rick looks at everyone confused. 
"Chupacabra?" Rick asks, Dale sets the bag of guns on the hood of the car. 
"You never heard this?" Dale asks, Rick shakes his head no.
"First night in camp, Daryl tells us that the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting and saw a chupacabra" Dale finishes as the teenage boy scoffs out a laugh. 

"What are you braying at jackass?" Daryl asks, annoyed with the group. Rick looks at Daryl amused. 
"You believe in a blood sucking dog?" Rick asks. 
"You believe in dead people walkin' around" Daryl retorts back, everyone quiets at that. Nobody has a comeback for that one.
Anything could be real now. The teenage boy reaches for a shotgun on the hood but Rick stops him. 
"Hey, ever fire one before?" Rick asks, the boy looks at him. 

"Well, if I'm going out, I want one" The teenager says, Daryl scoffs. 
"Yeah, and people in hell want Slurpees" Daryl says, putting the crossbow over his shoulder as he gets ready to leave. 

Daryl glares at the ground as he remembers the stupid child that said that to him when he said he wants her to play the quiet game. 

He fiddles with the bow ring on his pinky as he starts walking towards the forest. 

______________

HI MY BEAUTIFUL DEMON BABIES.

IVE BEEN WANTING TO POST THIS BUT IM ALWAYS UNSURE IF PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY LIKE IT😂

I DON'T HAVE MY SÓL THIS WEEK NOR LAST WEEK. SO IVE BEEN REALLY UNSURE OF MYSELF LATELY, STUPID I KNOW.

I'M SORRY I POSTED THIS A WEEK LATE..... MAYBE TWO, BUT GUESS WHAT.

I HAVE ANOTHER CHAPTER IM GONNA POST IN SOME MINUTES. JUST NEED TO EDIT IT.

ANYWAYYYY

SEE YA SOON.

PERSEPHONE OUT
*inserts ASL I love you sign*