Chapter 2 - Grandmother

The following morning, y/n was awaken by Avery. "Hey y/n... Y/n, wake up. Your mom said you need to get up, she has a surprise for you." She said while gently shaking y/n's shoulder.

Her eyes opens as she heard the word "surprise" even though she's tired from pulling an all nighter. Without saying a word, she gets up and went straight to the bathroom. "I'll wait for you downstairs." a door closed.

Surprise? It's not my birthday, nor my brother's or anyone in the house...

Not holiday either...

Did I do something good?

The sound of the toilet flushing echoes through the room. She goes to the sink and picks the mouthwash from the small rack below the mirror in front of her.

If it's my grades... No, it's not that. We don't celebrate, and I never received a thing just because my grades are good. I do receive my favorite food, but that's pretty much and nothing more.

She rinse her mouth after gargling and puts back the mouthwash in the rack and then pauses. "So what could that be?" she muttered, brows furrowed- confused again by a new situation.

*Y/n's POV*

They were having their breakfast with Avery in the dining. "Come here and eat- watermelons on the fridge - Here's your favorite fried rice with butter, green peas, corn and - I also prepared a crab soup which you have been requesting for the past month-"

"Y/n, are you ok?" my brother asked with a chuckle while preparing a sandwich. "No, I'm tired ya'll and it's too early, Avery said mom has a surprise, so I got up. What was it?" I replied, still standing just outside the dining room.

"How about you join us? And I'm not the one with the surprise, it's my mom. She said she wants to meet her beautiful granddaughter and son- I am talking to her right now, she added me on Facebook because she got one- "

"Wait... Huh? Did I- I thought my nana is- huh?!" Y/n walk towards the right side of the table and sit beside Avery. "I know you're confused and you can't remember honey, but let me explain- oh wait, now she's calling." Then she taps the screen on her phone. "Hi mom, oh god, it's been a long time! It's great to see you!" Even if mom is speaking, I can hear someone on the other line. "It's good to see you too, thanks to my husband, I finally have Facebook." She laughs. "I miss you. So how are you and your family? What time is it there, by the way?"

"Well, it's T/Z here. I miss you too and we're all fine, everything is great - We have a few problems from time to time but we resolved it as soon as we can, the kids are doing well too."

"Speaking of your kids, how's my little angels? I think b/n beside you. Since I followed your Facebook account, I also saw theirs and my oh my... B/n has grown into a handsome young man and y/n is turning into a beautiful woman, I love it, she's clearly following my path, I can see it." My mom bursted out laughing. "You're still young at heart, I thought you lost that?... Wow."

Avery leans in and whispers. "Why does your grandma sound a bit like Kathryn Hahn?" She asked, smiling. "Yeah... I notice that too. Things escalated real quick, and it's so weird." I replied in disbelief.

"So b/n, do you have a girlfriend or dating someone?" He was drinking orange juice and his eyes widened, which made me smile. "Um.. no, I'm busy." He said as he puts down his glass and looks towards the phone, which is leaning on the pitcher facing him.

"Why? I'm pretty sure somewhere, somebody likes you, your mother and father were a perfect combination and they did a good job in creating you guys." My mother laughs again and this time in her contagious one, which made us smile and feel second hand embarrassment at the same time.

"Um haha, I'm just really busy and I'm not ready for that."

"Mom, what was that for? My goodness. "

"What? I'm just saying the truth. And they are turning into young adults now. But I understand, it's better if you are ready. Just make sure you won't forget to invite me to your weddings, ok?" she asked enthusiastically.

My brother and I grunted as we cover our faces full of discomfort while our parents and Avery laughs.

As much as I cringe in this type of conversation, I need to know how the hell I can't remember I have another nana aside from my nana, whom I really love and took care of me until her last breath.

"C'mon! You'll get there soon. Anyway, I need to see your sister. Can I see her?"

Here we go.

My brother reach out the phone to me because he was on the other side of the table. "Um.. hi." I greeted shyly.

"Hi darling! Don't worry, I won't ask anymore of that you just heard." She chuckles. "So, the reason I called is that of you and your brother. I know you can't remember you have another nana, but here I am and I'll tell you about it once we get to meet in L.A." She smiled after explaining.

Intrigued by what I heard, I asked again. "I'm sorry- Did I hear L. A? As in the-"

Slowly my heart fills with joy. "Yes, dear, you heard it right. I'm going to meet you in Los Angeles where Hollywood is, it's a month of vacation and we'll get to know each other there. It's only you because your brother doesn't want to and just requested for a game console."