Chapter Two - Discord

Despite the... setbacks with his roommate, school is pretty okay for Nate. A lot of people were nice to him, and he even made plans to go out to town with Evelyn. Though, by the end of the day, he was exhausted, but also dreading going back to his room. It's inevitable, though, and he has to return home at some point.

     As Nate opens the door, Griffin looks up from his desk. All of his textbooks were still open, thrown all over the desk, but he seemed to be reading them, despite the difficulty with turning the pages with how they were stacked on top of each other. He was wearing plaid pajama pants... and only plaid pajama pants. Nate sighs.

     "So, can we lay some rules out?" Nate asks, and the topless boy makes a rather annoyed face.

     "Fine." Is all he says.

     "Look-- I don't mind if you're not super organized, but could you at least throw away any food things? I really don't want bugs in our room." Nate asks first, thinking it's a rather reasonable request.

     "I'm saving it for later." Griffin replies simply.

     "I... even that pizza slice face down on the... floor?"

     "Yep." He grins, amusement all over his lips. "You could even have a bite if you want."

     "Not funny..." Nate frowns, noticing the joking manner he had. It makes Nate feel so apprehensive, since the other could be so relaxed while they were discussing something so serious. "Could you try to take this seriously, please?"

     "Jeez, you're so uptight." Griffin rolls his eyes, "Yeah, I'll play along."

     "Thank you." Nate huffs, his voice full of exasperation. "So, are you gonna clean up your food?" He gestures towards the array of carryout.

     "...it's for later."

     "Then... put the leftovers in the fridge? They're gonna have bacteria all over if you don't."

     "So?" Griffin challenges, smirking at him. Was he enjoying this??

     Clearly getting no where, Nate goes on to his next rule. "And could you put on a shirt?"

     "I can't be comfortable?" Griffin defends himself yet again. "Can't I wear what I want? I'm not gonna sleep with a shirt on, it's far too hot."

     "Can't you be reasonable for like five minutes??" Nate interrogates, his volume rising.

     "Can't you let me do I want for like five minutes?" Griffin counters.

     "You're insufferable."

     "I know." Griffin shrugs, "Now, if we're done here, I'd like to study."

     "Are you enjoying pissing me off?" Nate asks, clearly not done here.

     "Hm? Are you actually upset?" Griffin glances over his face, a bit surprised. "Ah jeez, you are uptight. You need to relax, Norton."

     "Nathan." He corrects. "I go by Nate."

     "Right. Nathan. Same difference, dude. Don't take things so personally." Griffin says, maybe trying his best to comfort him. Or trying his best to anger him. Hard to tell.

     "God." Nate pinches his forehead, moving right back to the door.

     "Bye then." Griffin calls out, "See you around, Nathan."

     "Nate." He corrects yet again, slamming the door on his way out.

" He corrects yet again, slamming the door on his way out