Chapter Seven

We neared Mirkwood and the closer we got the more nervous I felt. 'They will surly kill me if we got caught.' I thought as we slowed down at the edge of the forest. "The elven gate....Here lies our path through mirkwood." Gandalf said as we stooped at the edge of the woods. "No sign of the orcs. We have luck on our side." Dwalin commented.

"Set the poines loose. Let them return to there master." Gandalf said as he looked up at a large hill. I looked at what he was gazing at and saw Beorn, but as a large black bear. From inside the forest I heard it creak, making odd, eriee noises.

"This forest feels....sick. As if a disease lies upon it." Bilbo said as I shifted to a girl and looked into the dark woods. "Is there no way around?" I asked nervosly. "Not unless we go 200 miles north. Or twice that distance..south." Gandalf said. I groaned and took deep breaths.

Gandalf walked into the forest and Thorin walked over to me. "Are you alright?" Thorin asked, placing a hand on my shoulder making me jump. "uh..um...yea I- Im fine. Perfectly fine..." I stuttered as I fast walked to the edge of the forest.

Suddenly Gandalf walked out of the woods with a worried look on his face. "Not my horse I need it!" He shouted to Nori who was taking the saddle off his horse. "Your not leaving us are you?" Bilbo asked, nervously. "I would not do this unless I had to." Gandalf said. I turned towards the forest and prayed a silent prayer that we would go through unnoticed.

If we were caught i'm positive Thranduil and Legolas would love to keep me as prisioner. They had good reasons I suppose, but then again I had good reasons for doing what I did so long ago.

-----------------Flasback---------------

I walked silently as a lioness through greenwood. As I sniffed the ground I cought the scent of deer. Seeing as I hadn't eaten in days I followed it. What I didn't know what that I was getting closer and closer to King Thranduil's kingdom with each step I took.

After hours of tracking I spotted the deer resting along a river side. I leapt into large tree and walked silently on the branches until I was above the deer. As I was about to pounce an arrow found its way into the heart of the deer, killing it.

I growled and got low to the branch as a ellon with blonde hair and striking blue eyes stepped out and came over to the now dead deer. My anger took over, along with the fact I hadn't eaten in days so I jumped out from the tree, landing a few feet from the ellon.

He jumped back in alarm and raised his bow to me. I snarled at him and got low to the ground, ready to pounce. Before I could he let the arrow fly, hitting me in the shoulder. I yelped in pain and then turned to the ellon and pounced on him, pinning him to the ground with my paws.

I growled in his face and bit his left arm. He let out a scream which was heard by the Mirkwood guards. Twenty guards, along with the King, came out to see the prince pinned down by me with his left arm gushing out blood.

Immediatly, I regreted doing what I did but there was no turning back now. They all surrounded me and aimed there bows at me. I growled and slowly backed away from the prince allowing a few guards to drag him away to be healed.

Once he was gone the guards threw roped over me and forced me to where I was laying on the ground. Thranduil came and stood before me, peering into my eyes, from the moment he looked at me I knew from the look in his eyes he knew I was no normal lion. "Your not a normal lion. Why don't you show me who you really are?" He said as he glared at me. 'No point in hiding it now.' I thought to myself.

I huffed and shifted to a girl to find all the guards looking at me in shock. After that they kept me a prisoner for months before I managed to slip away. For those months I was there I was tortured by burning, whips, and anything else they had. They left scars that would last a life time.