My heart broke, I thought he was just an arrogant asshole kid. And David... he's so patient with him. I looked over at The red head Who was washing the dishes still looking down with a small smile on his face.
His red floofy hair almost glistened in the sun light. And I didn't notice but, his eyes were a sea green. Not blue like I thought.
I placed my hand  on his shoulder.
"Not many people would be that patient with a kid like max. But you are. You're a really kind guy David..."

"Ya think so?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"I do." I smiled.

He scratched the back of his neck and smiled as a hint of red altered his cheeks, "well, shucks..."

I didn't mean to. But I stared at david and smiled. I didn't notice but. MY cheeks were faintly red too.

*Crash.Thump.wack*

Me and David both jumped and ran outside.

All of the little areas around camp showing interests were destroyed.

And in the middle,all the campers were huddled together arguing.

I looked over at David and then Gwen who came running out of her cabin. David walked closer to the huddle of angry kids.

"Why would you destroy my perfect stage for my play!" A kid with brown long hair whined.
"I didn't do shit! Harrison's the one who's doves crash into it! Not my experiments!" A kid who I was pretty sure was Neil defended.

"Me?? I don't even use doves so stop accusing me Einstein wanna be!" Harrison yelled.

"Oh like you have room to talk mr fake magic." Max snarked.

"Seriously." Nickki backed up max.

Pretty soon all the campers were throwing insults at each other and arguing.
"Hey hey! Nock it off!" I yelled.
The arguing continued above my warnings. Gwen came up to me. "Just save your breath. They don't listen to anyone when there like this." She sighed as David contemplated what he should do.

I started to get ticked as the being talked over reminded me of..
"WOULD YOU ALL SHUT UP AND NOCK IT OFF!" I screamed and the camp went silent.
"ALL OF YOU! REALLY?! YOU COULDN'T EVEN BE NICE TO EACH OTHER TILL DINNER?! EVERYONE GO TO YOUR TENTS AND CALM DOWN!"I ordered. Everyone walked off mumbling colorful choices of words.
I sighed. "There like a bunch of stray cats" I laughed.

Gwen and David looked shocked.

"Welp," Gwen sighed walking towards me looking at the mess that was left. "Looks like we have some cleaning up to do." Gwen groaned.

"Here, I'll help." I said going around some of the stations picking up broken pieces of what ever,

"hey David! Can you go grab some trash cans? We'll need em'." Gwen asked David.

David saluted with his entire hand except his ring finger and ran off to do as Gwen said.

"I'm sorry today was so hectic on your first day," Gwen apologized.

"No,no it's alright. It's a camp with a bunch of 10 year olds and up. It's bound to be chaotic." I assured.

Gwen chuckled, "your not wrong there."

When David came back with the trash can we cleaned up as david hummed what ever songs, probably some old campfire songs if I were to guess.
After we were done the sun was almost set but, the place looked like it hadn't been trashed an hour ago.

"Nice job guys!" I yelled giving a group high five.

"Nice job!" David-still positive and full of energy- yelled.

"Go us...." Gwen tiredly returned the high-five

David checked his watch, "we should probably go make sure dinners almost done. Unless we want even a angrier campers."

"Like that's possible," Gwen groaned and I laughed.
We all walked up to the mess hall to Quarter master standing in the middle.

"Outta' stuff." He mumbled and then grumbled something inaudible and walked away.

We all stood there till David shrieked.
"What do you mean we're out of stuff?! So dinners not even started!!" David asked in a panic.

"Oh Jesus..." Gwen said sitting down massaging her temples.

"I'll go get some more stuff. I'll see if I can find something that'll be fast to make." I offered.

David's classic go lucky attitude came back, "thank you y/n! You're the best!!"

I cheekily smiled and finger gunned out of the mess hall.

My smile faded as I looked at my finger-gunned hands.
I did not. Just finger gun him.
.
.
.
What the fuck is wrong with me.

When I was on my way to my car I noticed max wandering around camp.
"Aren't you supposed to be in your tent?" I asked raising an eye brow.

"Aren't you supposed to be doing something worth while in your life?" He asked.

I crossed my arms and let out a small laugh. "Good one."
I thought what David had told me and looked down at the pain in the ass. "Max?" I asked making him stop as he begun to walk away.

"What?" He asked.

"come with me." I said.

"Yay...is someone finally gonna kill me?" Max sarcastically asked.

"Not quite." I said as we walked to my car, "I know you don't like being at camp so... why don't you come into town with me. We need more stuff for dinner so. Ya wanna come?" I asked.

"Do I have a choice?" He asked.

I laughed, "no."

"Great," he said getting into the back seat of my car.