Chapter 2

"You were gone for so long, I was fucking worried about you." I hit his chest playfully and he caught my hands, smiling at me.

I had tried to sound angry but it came out as a tiny squeak and that hurt even more. I couldn't even cry right.

"I'm here now. Don't worry about me. I'm okay. We're fine. Take deep breaths, baby, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." I turned away, standing up and wiping my eyes. I was also attempting to swallow the large lumped that had balled in my throat.

I tried so hard not to cry.

I love him. And he was gone.

Anything could've happened in those five minutes. He's nineteen. That's old enough to be listed.

I mean, so am I. But I have underlying health conditions so I can't be sent out anyway.

I can't let him go.

I took the groceries from the floor and started arranging the various foods in the kitchens. Tins and bags were all pushed into cupboards and draws, bottles placed neatly in the fridge.

I eventually got to the bottom of the bag and almost dropped it in surprise.

Dream laughed a little, he knew what I was looking at.

"You did not."

I couldn't help the grin form widely across my face. My eyes rolled back into my head and I turned to look at him giggling like a little school child.

"Oh," he smiled, wandering over to me. "But I did."

"You got chocolate?!"

"Happy birthday, baby."

He hugged me from behind, leaning his head on my right shoulder. I sank back into him as I peeled the wrapper, still smiling to myself the whole time. I haven't had chocolate in years.

"How'd you get this?"

"Did some favours for the posh people up in the mansions at the top of town. Got some extra money. Spent half an hour arguing with some guy at the store and here we are."

"Take the first bite." I offered.

"No, it's your birthday, idiot. Eat it."

"I insist." I said, waving the chocolate under his nose. He played into it and sniffed the chocolate like an animal, pausing to push the chocolate back towards me and picking up the packet himself.

"Just eat a piece at the same time as me."

"Oh yeah. Okay, ready?"

"Yes."

Heaven. That's how to describe it. I never remembered it being this good. The way it melted in my mouth was insatiable, but that wasn't even the best part.

It was the way Dream watched as I enjoyed it, laughing to himself at the shocked look on my face. The way he wanted to see me happy.

That was my favourite part.

And he always will be.

I immediately closed the packaging and threw the bar to the back of the cupboard.

The blonde stayed in the corner of the kitchen staring at me with a little quizzical look on his face.

"We can't eat it all now. We have to save it."

"Whatever you say, birthday boy."

"So, what do you wanna do then?"

"That's what I'm meant to ask you."

"You know I can never decide on things to do, Dream. You always come up with the best things too, so, come on."

"Want to walk? Look at the stars?"

"Always, with you."

"Get your coat on, baby, let's go."

_____________________________________