1

-----[o]-----

-----[o]-----

POV Y/N

"Why must I marry? You could make your own choice, so why can't I?!" you exclaimed to her dad, who was the king of Vernell. "Darling, we need allies. Unfortunately this will be the only way." he said. "Mom, you can't let this happen. Please." you said to her mom. "I'm truly sorry sweetie, but this time your dad is right." she said.

The king and the queen left your room. Your dads loyal servant gave you some papers. "The king wants you to read these." he said and then left. You were annoyed. You had to marry so that the kingdom would have allies. You didn't want to marry to make allies, you wanted to marry out of love.

You looked at the papers. A name of prince was on it and quite some information. You read everything. The prince didn't sound bad, according to the given information. You were willing to meet him but nothing more then that.

"My lady, you have a visitor." a servant said while knocking on your door. "Lead them to the garden. I'll be on my way." you said and stood up. You looked into the mirror and made sure that everything looked good.

You walked to the garden. A man was sitting at the round table in the garden. "Princess Y/n, it's a pleasure to meet you." the man said while bowing. "It truly is a pleasure to meet you." you said him. You bowed and sat down. "Arnell, could you please bring us some tea." you said to the servant, who brought him to the garden. "I'm afraid that I don't know your name, care to introduce yourself?" you asked. "I'm Lee Felix. Prince of Orecis." he said.

"I assume that you were send by your parents." you said. The prince nodded. "As you know what the situation is, I shall get to the point." you said and stopped for a bit. "I will not marry you." you said and took a sip of your tea.

"My lady, you do know that there are going to serious consequences for your actions." Arnell said. "Arnell, I appreciate you caring for me, but I will not marry someone if it is not out of love. A kingdom can form an ally without marriage." you said and entered your room again.

The next week

Prince Felix and you have been meeting because of each other parents but you both weren't very interested in marrying one another and that was clearly shown to your parents. Your dad became furious because of your behavior.

"If you will not marry a prince that you shall lose your rights as a princess and live as a commoner." your dad said. "How will you do that, I was born with princess rights." you said. "I honestly did not want to do it, but you leave me no other choice." he said.

A few minutes later you stood outside the gates of the castle with a little bit of money and a bit of clothes in a bag. You really thought that your dad wouldn't do such a thing.

You started to walk towards the town. You wanted to proof your dad wrong. You weren't going to come back crying to him that it was hard as a commoner. You accepted the challenge. You thought of it as an adventure.

It began to rain very hard. You walked past a little house. "Come inside. It's pouring, you could catch a cold!" an old lady suddenly yelled. You turned around and saw that the lady was going towards you. You quickly ran towards her. "Ma'am you shouldn't go out in a weather like this." you said and quickly walked with her to the door of her house. "If you're going to the town in this weather, you be completely drenched when you get there. Stay here until it stops pouring." the old lady said as she pulled you inside the house.

-----[o]-----