13. Secrets Secrets & more Secrets?

En başından başla

"For?"

"A DNA test....on Kiona's son," I mumbled the last part. I could tell Randy had picked up the phone because of all the noise he was making.

"Neen say what? You hit that raw?"

"Mayne hell nah. But she say Troy ain the daddy so it's gotta be me. I'm volunteering because she talm bout sending papers to my house."

"That bitch ain bout that life. Leah and Maddie still owe ha an ass whoopin. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Maddie ain caught ha."

I bust out laughing cause I imagined the whole thing in my head. "What I'm a do man?"

"The smart thing would be to tell Leah but the way ha attitude switching up, I wouldn't until you know for sure." I leaned back and rested my head on the headrest. Shxt just ain't going right.

Kirsten

My momma was gone to work and pops went to workout. The doorbell rung and I knew it was Ishmael. I checked my hair and jogged down the stairs. I opened the door and he smiled at me as I stepped aside.

"Hey."

Hey you." I closed the door and locked it behind me. He followed me upstairs and into my room. I had everything ready. "You sure about this?" He asked. "Ion want chu to feel like you gotta do me any favors."

"It's no big deal. You need it."

He nodded. "Wheres your dad again?"

"He went to run errands and then ball practice. You have time." I could tell he was a little tense so I walked over to him and grabbed his hand. "Relax. There's no rush."

"Towels?"

"Oh yea." I went into my closet a grabbed some for him and came back out. "Here. The left knob is cold, right is hot."

He kissed the top of my head. "I appreciate this Izzy. I really do." I smiled and left out the room so he could handle his business.

I've been sneaking him over for the past few days so he could take a hot shower and have a warm meal, well leftovers cause I can't really cook anything but noodles and rice. After I had to hassle him, he told me what was going on and how he couldn't say anything because he didn't want to be taken from his mother.

I tried to tell him that my momma could help because she deals with these situations for a living but he just shut me out. I heated up the leftover pasta and pour us both some koolaid. Just as I set the plates, he came into the kitchen in cargo shorts and a graphic tee.

"Dirty clothes?"

"Why?" He questioned. I pointed to the washer and he shook his head. "Noooo. I draw the line there. You will not wash my clothes for me?"

"But my momma washes my dad clothes all the time."

"I said no Izzy." I sighed, rolling my eyes. He's just so damn stubborn. "Fine. At least eat. It's really good." He agreed and sat down at the island in the kitchen. We said a quick prayer and dug in.

"So...."

"So.." He mimicked me then laughed. "Why don't you let us help you?"

He took a gulp of koolaid and shook his head. "Na. I'll get the money on my own."

"How Ishmael? You gotta be 16 to work so that's out."

"I have my ways."

"And what ways are those?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest. He glanced up at me as if he wanted to say something but he didn't. He just finished eating. He washed his dishes and put them up.