WELCOME TO REMNANT-1

Legends. scattered through time. has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past.

Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness - creatures of destruction - the creatures of - set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void.

However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds..

Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life. But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone...darkness will return.

****************************************

BANG!

Went the sound of a gunshot right as it hit the wall.

"Quit moving around so much, bobblehead." Said the voice coming from a shoeless, 6-foot dog wearing a hat, suit, tie and pants. Standard detective wear. He was currently sitting laid back in his desk chair with his feet up on the desk's surface with his trusty firearm in hand.

"When are we getting another case, Sam? Surely, the local lawbreakers must miss our esoteric brand of personalized criminal justice." Came the voice from the second resident of the office, Max: a white, rabbity-thingy with black eyes and a mouth full of shark-like teeth. He was balancing on a bowling ball with an apple on his head. Behind him were bullet holes in the shape of his likeliness.

"Patience is a sharp razor to swallow, little buddy." Sam said, relating to his impatience.

It had been a long time since they had a case from The Commissioner. Well, it was hard because they, Sam and Max: Freelance Police, had been accidentally transported to a different world: the world of Remnant.

It accidentally involved an experimental Rift Generator going horribly awry and their TV playing the beginning of RWBY, a new show that they just started watching together. It wasn't a huge loss, since Max got completely enamored by this place, attached even. Especially when he had to pry him off one of the local Huntsman's guns that could fold into a chainsaw.

Boy, he sure wished he could get one of those.

"Okay, don't scream this time," Sam aimed his gun, eager to win this adrenaline-pumping, risky game of William Tell, when suddenly-

*Ring!* *Ring!* *Ring!*

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I GOT IT!" "I GOT IT!" "I GOT IT!"

Both Sam and Max excitedly chanted as they both ran to the telephone at breakneck speeds, barreling through furniture and each other in a mad dash to answer the phone. And yet, it always seems that Sam wins the fray more often than not. Max was pinned down under one foot. He flailed uselessly against his partner's pressure.

"Hello? Hello?! Is it you, Commissioner?!"

"Wah, wah, wah, wah."

"You're gonna have to speak up Sir, I got a mild case of tinnitus from screwing around with dangerous firearms without ear plugs!"

"Wah, wah, wah, wah!"

"Hello? Yes? Yes! YES! No. Amazing! What? Great potbellied Scotsmen at a Plumbing Bagpipe Convention plugged with hundred year ale and haggis! We're on the case!" The receiver was put back down and the rabbity thing was allowed to get back up.