Doggie Needs

"Castiel and I are heading out to a nearby town, you two behave alright?" Dean shouts into the Bunker, "fine," Sam shouts back from somewhere. Dean and Castiel leave and Sam and Gabriel are forced to be alone, again.

Gabriel leaves Sam's room at the sound of Dean and Castiel leaving. He walks around, making sure to avoid the library where Sam should be, but he's too caught up in his own thoughts that he completely misses Sam, until he steps on him.

"Oh, I am sorry," Sam kneels down, but stops in his tracks as he realises that he had actually spoken to the Trickster. Gabriel glares at him but walks away, a slight limp to his walk.

"Hey, wait- Gabriel!" The corgi turns around.

"What?"

"Uuuhhh, just, um... I was wondering if we- we could put the past behind us..."

Gabriel raises and eyebrow, "yeah? Why?"

"Because... Because it's really quiet around here," Sam shrugs.

"No, that's not it."

"Don't make me say it."

"Say what?"

"That you were right! You. Were. Right. I understand the whole 'Mystery spot' thing. I get the whole 'T.V land' thing. I get it, okay? I understand and you were right."

Gabriel honestly wasn't expecting that, but he acts like he does.

"Yeah, well, 'bout time you say the light kiddo." He smiles and wags his tail slightly, Sam chuckles a little. "What?" Gabriel questions, "your tail. You're waging it," Sam replies. The tail stops moving.

"You know, I've want to go out for a while. Little bro doesn't go to the park so much..."

"Are you asking me to take you to the park to fulfil your doggie needs?"

"...No."

"I think that's a yes. I can't take you though, Dean's hidden all the keys. But I can take you into the woods behind the Bunker."

Gabriel's ears perk up and his tail wags again.

------

"Fetch!"

"I'm not a dog!"

"Yes you are. Otherwise, we wouldn't be out here."

Gabriel huffs and goes to fetch the stick, he returns and places it down on Sam's feet.

"The stick is gross."

"I have a ball."

"Well what are you doing with the stick?"

Sam reaches into his pocket and pulls out a ball and pegs it as hard as he can into the tree, Gabriel runs for it.

He returns with it and flicks towards Sam and yaps, his tail going a hundred miles an hour. He yaps again and pants hard, his tongue hanging low as saliva drips from it.

"Gabriel, come on, that's gross."

Yap.

"Oh." Sam picks up the ball and throws it again, Gabriel quickly returns and drops it.

Yap.

Sam kneels down and looks the corgi in the eye.

Yap.

He leans over and pets the dog, the dog leans into the pet. He closes his eyes as the human runs his hand up and down his back. Then he's Gabriel again.

"Whoa, kiddo. Getting to third base when I'm a dog?"

"No, I was just petting you."

"Why?"

"Because you're a dog, that's why."

"We should probably head in... Your bro and my bro should be back soon."

The human moose and the corgi go inside together and sit in the library.

Sam reads a book at the table while Gabriel sits on the table. He paws at Sam to get his attention.

"What?"

"Rub my belly."

"No."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Doggie needs."

"Still a no."

"Come on!"

"No!"

"Just one..."

"... Fine."

Gabriel lies down and rolls on his back, Sam puts the book down and looks at he dog.

"You sure?"

"I'm a dog, every dog loves this. So let's get this over with!"

Sam gently places a hand on Gabriel fluffy stomach and pets it, Gabriel flinches at first, but gets used to it. Sam keeps rubbing he corgi's belly as he reads, being careful not to go too far south, if you know what I'm saying.

The two remain like this for another moment until Gabriel sneezes, but he quickly settles and all is peaceful again. They don't even notice Dean and Castiel's return.

"Well, well, well. Never thought I see this. Sammy, please explain to me why you're rubbing he Trickster's belly."

"Doggie needs."

Castiel moves closer to Dean and leans towards his ear. "Told you if we gave them some time alone that they would speak to each other," the Angel whispers. "Yeah, well know my brother is giving belly rubs to an Archangel!" Dean hisses back.

"We can hear you," Sam and Gabriel say together. Sam had stopped the belly rubbing and Gabriel was lying on his front. Dean clears his throat awkwardly and walks away, Castiel just stands, but then he flies away.

"Our brothers should get married," Gabriel randomly says. Sam looks at him oddly, "really?" Gabriel rolls his eyes, "have you not seen those two? They eye-bang the Hell out of each other." Sam thinks for a moment, then tilts his head to the side, "yeah, I can see it."