Chapter 5.

Lizzie's P.O.V.

After the phone call, Hayley and I made our way back to mine. Might as well prove to my Dad sooner rather than later that I do in fact have a friend. We turned onto the street I lived on.

“You live down the same street as Ellie.” Hayley said.

I looked at her before looking around.

“Which house is hers?” I asked.

She pointed to one and I smiled.

“Funny, because this is my house.” I laughed.

Turns out Ellie lives two doors down from me.

I turned to Hayley before going up to the front door.

“I’m going to warn you now, they’ll probably ask you why your friends with me, what made you want to become friends with me and so on? It’s not going to bother you is it?” I questioned.

Hayley laughed and shook her head. I nodded before turning to my front door and letting us in. I kicked my boots off, and waited for Hayley to do the same, before heading into the lounge where I knew everyone would be.

“Still don’t believe me Dad?” I quizzed as soon as I entered.

He looked round before standing up and making his way over to us. He looked Hayley up and down before sighing.

“How much did she pay you?” He asked as he sat back down.

I looked at Hayley before looking at my dad in utter shock.

“I’m sorry Sir, what?” Hayley questioned.

“I said how much did Elizabeth pay you? You know, to come here and pretend to be her friend?”

I can’t believe this. This is not how a family should be. I wish I had a father who would be encouraging me to get friends, and helping me. Not making my life a living hell.

“I didn’t pay her Dad.” I muttered.

My Dad looked at me, and then looked at Hayley waiting for her to answer.

“It’s true Sir, she didn’t pay me. In fact I was the one who forced her to be friends with me and my other friends.” Hayley said.

Another person who can stand up for themselves. I just wish I could be like that, but after all these years, I just don’t see the point any more.

“Well then. Congratulations on your first ever friend, Elizabeth. Though, to be honest, I can see why. You both dress like freaks, I guess you both listen to that band of freaks that look like girls with their long hair, painted nails and all that make – up, you know, that band you saw last week?” Dad smirked.

I’m not entirely sure as to why I’m still calling him ‘Dad’ to be honest. He’s never been that to me. He’s just Dominic to me. The man who called me his daughter because he had to. The day I have enough money to move out of this place, will be the best day of my life.

“You Sir should be disappointed in yourself. You’re hating on a band that has saved your Daughter’s life. Your Daughter. Does that not mean anything to you? Did you even know that the lead singer of that band your slagging off, stopped your Daughter from getting beaten to death by a group of strangers? He’s helping her achieve her dream, he believes in her, and he was the first one who she ever trusted enough to tell her problems to. Does that really mean nothing to you? Because I can guarantee you that they will forever be a bigger man than you. Show some fucking respect.”

I looked at Hayley wide eyed, before looking at Dominic. He looked shocked, speechless. Yet I could also see the anger in his eyes. But he didn’t have a comeback to that. It was obvious. He looked behind him to my mother, before he looked back at us and stood up.