Chapter 7: Hufflepuff vs. Slytherin

Start from the beginning

But after everything, I have the most feelings about Malfoy. Obviously not romantic feelings, but strong feelings. Watching the passion he has while riding on his broom draws me in, wishing I was there beside him, experiencing the same thing.

At times I wouldn't be able to look away from him as he did mundane tasks, such as standing with his friends after practice, with his small, secretive, smile. I don't know how this little obsession formed, whether it be from our tension filled sessions at practice like in the closet, or at the party with the wine. Even at our own private practices it's started becoming difficult to hide my own small, secretive, grins when he says something witty. I hate it was Malfoy who had slightly caught my attention.

Not that anything would happen between the two of us, there's too much that could happen. I don't even want anything to happen. Imagine what Harry would think if he even knew I was considering Malfoy, his enemy since day one, as a friend, maybe even more.

What else attracted me to Malfoy, is I can't even figure him out. He has always been Harry's biggest rival. I used to despise slytherin vs gryffindor games. Harry and Ron would change their attitudes drastically, I wouldn't even be able to talk to them on game days. I've yet to see if the slytherins are the same, but I have a feeling the intensity is mutual.

Next week is our off week while ravenclaw plays gryffindor, which means if we win today and gryffindor wins against ravenclaw, we'll play gryffindor in the finals. Today is hufflepuff's last chance at getting close to the Quidditch House Cup, making the stakes higher for everyone.

I pray in the end it isn't between my two teams, there will most likely be a physical fight, it happens every game. I hated the fights even before I knew the slytherins, but now I have friends, people I know, and some I enjoy, on both sides, with me being the medical examiner for one of the teams. I would hate for the gryffindor boys to find out I work for the slytherins by healing someone like Nott.

Even after everything, I don't know what's changed for Malfoy.

I sighed, dropping my head into my hands. I hate how much I want Malfoy and the others to do well.

Picking my head back up, I looked out over the foggy, early morning from the window in front of my desk. I always loved how high the  gryffindor towers were, giving me a beautiful view no matter the time of day. I thanked Professor McGonagall significantly for letting me have a dorm directly at the top of the tower, taking up the whole top floor, like an attic.

I could see the edge of the Black lake in some panels of glass, but the majority of my sight line is spent looking at the Forbidden Forest and the pitch. If you looked closely enough, occasionally you might be able to see some of the magical creatures you read about, moving around in the forest.

I was looking, hoping to spot one of these critters, when I spotted a flash of something else instead. I speck of white, platinum hair, zooming around in the pitch, sometimes leaving the pitch.

Is that? No, it can't be.

I'm not watching Malfoy practicing by himself, at 3:45 in the morning.

Without thinking I grabbed my wand, chucked on a jacket over my pajamas, slipped on some shoes by my door, and made my way to the pitch.

***

It is still considered after hours even this early in the morning. The only reason you won't get in trouble is if you have a pass, like mine and Malfoy's reservations for the pitch usually at 4.

I don't have a pass this morning, and since being out after hours got me into this whole mess, I'm doing everything to try not to get caught, especially by Professor Snape again.