Chapter 6: Private Practice

I showed up to practice a bit late.

When I knocked on the locker room door, it took longer for someone to answer. Nott was there, looking very hungover.

"Rest well, Granger?" He asked, moving aside to let me enter.

I shrugged my shoulders, dropping my bag on the floor next to the couch, "A little, I have a bit of a headache that is taking forever to go away"

I was too busy grabbing my planning books to notice the exchange of glances between Malfoy, Nott, and Zabini.

After I settled myself on the couch with my books, I made light conversation with Zabini while the others continued to get ready. He told me about his evening at the party and how he only spent about 4 hours in total with everyone, the rest was spent with Daphne Greengrass in his room. I went to ask him more about his and Daphne's relationship, until Adrian came into the room.

"Hermione!" He shouted, rushing over to me. Everyone's eyes were on us now as he quickly took the free seat next to me. "Are you okay? I could never find you after I refilled the Firewhiskey, someone said you left not long after"

I tilted my head. So I wasn't with Adrian this weekend? "I wasn't with you?" He shook his head, furrowing his brows. I looked at everyone else "Was I with any of you?" They all shook their heads. I could feel my face growing hot from embarrassment and concern.

I couldn't have been alone that whole weekend.

"You still don't remember?" Malfoys voice asked from his cubby, carrying a large amount of worry in his tone.

I felt my mouth go dry, "No, not at all"

The room was silent and uncomfortable. I felt like I looked silly. A stupid girl who drank too much, forgetting her actions over a party filled weekend, now freaking out because she has no leads as to what actually happened.

Adrian turned on the couch to look at Malfoy, who was still looking at me curiously. "Malfoy, how did you know she can't remember?"

Malfoy straightened up, probably feeling accused by the question "I found her on the ground outside my door, she didn't remember anything"

I nodded along "He's right, I don't know how I ended up there"

There was another exchange of glances between everyone in the room, me not included. At the end of it, Malfoy and Zabini gave each other a stiff nod. I opened my mouth to ask what that was all about, but Flint came bursting in through the main door.

"No team meeting today, let's just get to practice" He announced, clapping his hands like he always does.

I stood from my spot with my planning books in hand, all eyes turned to me. The air seemed to have grown thick in the room. Flint had a gleam in his eyes as he looked at me, but I shook it off like usual and protested "But I have new strategies to go over!"

Flint chuckled to himself, "It's been a long weekend Hermione, let's just get practice over with. I, for one, am exhausted"

I went to argue again but he had already left through the door. The others waited a few beats before following. Something deep in me felt wrong as I stood there by myself in the locker rooms, but after a few deep breaths, I followed them out reluctantly, ready to follow practice.

***

Practice, as I expected, was a bit lazier, more laid back. They all seemed to be tired out from the weekend.

They also ended earlier, especially when Nott and Zabini saw two figures making their way down to the pitch. Once they were walking past the locker rooms, I could finally tell who they were.