Chapter 5: A Slytherin Party

I caved.

I had no idea what to wear.

I had to ask Ginny for help.

I waited patiently on my bed after sending an enchanted piece of paper with the small letter of "I need your help dressing me". I quickly answered the door when I heard her rapid knocks, "Where is he taking you?" she asked, pushing past me, going over to her trunk.

I crossed my arms as I sat on the end of my bed "How do you know it involves Adrian?"

She looked up at me like I'm an idiot, "Because you only ask for my help in clothing when it comes to boys." She shut her trunk and went over to her closet "So, where is he taking you? Hogsmeade?"

I shook my head, "No, he's taking me with him to the slytherin party tonight"

She straightened a bit, "He invited you to a party? Specifically, a slytherin party?"

I furrowed my brows "Yes, is that really that big of a deal?"

She looked at me pitifully, "You have to admit you're not the party type, especially not for a slytherin party. From the what I've heard, those things can last all weekend, with no one leaving"

I sat and thought while she walked over and laid different options out on the bed. "What else do you know about these parties?" I asked innocently while looking at my options.

They were all dresses, all very sexy and sophisticated. One was a deep blue bodycon, with an off the shoulder, ruffle top, the other was a red, cowl neck, silk, slip dress, and the last was a long sleeved, mock turtleneck, black, bodycon dress, that flared a bit as it came to the bottom. I pointed to the black one, not wanting to draw attention to myself in gryffindor red, and having to deal with a strapless bra in the blue.

Ginny answered as she went back to the closet for shoes, "I've heard they do some crazy muggle drugs, and even bring in at least a dozen kegs." She brought over a pair of red heels and a pair of black lace heels. "And somehow they still drink them all even with how restrictive they are about who can come to parties. Honestly, I'm a bit jealous you get to go, I feel as if you won't like it as much as I would"

"I think I'll have a great time," I frowned at her, "Thank you for your clothes" I said moving over to the final product, which was the black dress and the black lace heels. Very simple, very practical. I don't think any other house party has such an elegant dress code.

"Be safe, tell me how it goes over breakfast on Monday," She said making her way through my door, then she turned around as if having a second thought "If you make it out alive"

I laughed as she closed the door.

***

When I finished dressing, I automatically regretted my decision to go to this party. Ginny left me with a very little idea of what to expect, and the clothes I have to wear are very different from what I'd wear to a normal party. I kept my hair in their natural state of curl, and only added light makeup, not wanting the boys to think I tried too hard.

I heard Ginny's knocks again around 8:50, I opened it to see her wearing a far too excited grin. "He's here, and, Godric, he looks fit." She looked me up and down, appraising me "And so do you, great"

"Lovely Ginny, small reminder you're with Harry" I said walking past her down the stairs, quickly trying to ignore the few people looking curiously at me as I made my way to the portrait door.

"I can still appreciate it!" Ginny hollered from the balcony. I laughed as I left the door, finding Adrian there.

He did look fit.