Sienna had kindly done Anna's hair and makeup for the occasion and chose her some nice shoes and accessories to go with her outfit. When she was ready, Sienna spun her around like it was a movie makeover scene - only she wasn't that different. She was her, just enhanced - a bit of bronzer adorned her full cheeks - creating a more defined cheekbone and jawline area, highlighter and blush was applied lightly to her cheeks as to make her look more youthful and alive. She loved the illusion, but she would be just as comfortable without.

"Sienna." Anna silently thanked her with her eyes.

"In qualsiasi momento amore," (Anytime, love) Sienna replied with a warm smile, but then removed the ginger cat off Anna's lap and held him in her arms.

"Now, run off to your lover and be free!" Sienna joked, articulating her hands in a wide motion - which prompted Cooper to jump out of her arms.

"I'm nervous!" Anna squeaked, double checking the time on her phone and seeing a message from Harry which told her that he was outside.

"Thank you for looking after Coop. I owe you." Anna thanked her best friend who laughed.

"Go!" She hurried her toward the door.

As soon as Anna stepped out of the door, she noticed Harry stood outside of the passenger side of the car - a sunflower in hand. Anna didn't know this, but Harry's hands were shaking slightly at the thought of this date. It wasn't officially dubbed a date, yet they both subconsciously knew it was.

"Ciao." Anna breathed as she reached the car.

"Ciao." Harry replied, their eyes locked in an intense gaze. He was the first one to break it, leaning over to her cheek and giving it a prolonged kiss - she felt like her skin was now branded with the shape of his kiss. She loved it.

"I brought this for you." Harry offered her the sunflower, which she took graciously. Untraditional - she thought, but it was special and unique.

"Thank you, sunflowers are my favourite." She told him, and they were - she always had a vase full in her living room. They were perfect because she loved them, and Cooper was allowed to be near them - which was a win.

"You're welcome," he said, opening the door - to which she climbed in and put her seatbelt in.

As she observed him walking around the front of the car, she really took into account just how amazing he looked tonight, not that he hadn't any other time she saw him.

He was wearing some black and white plaid pants with a simple white vest and open striped shirt. He paired this with some white vans, and his dazzling smile - a strand of hair curled lazily in front of his eyes.

She felt so nervous, her heart beating a million miles per hour. His was too, he'd never gone to this kind of effort with any of his previous summer flings. With the help of Gabriel, he had managed to arrange a date like no other for Anna. It was pretty basic and simple, but it was something that held meaning for Harry - and he hoped it would for her too.

"I'm just going to say it," Anna said suddenly, making Harry jump a little as he drove.

"I am so nervous." She admitted, huffing out a deep breath and wiping her hands on her shorts. Harry chuckled and let out his own breath he was holding.

"I'm so glad you said that, you won't even believe how nervous I am too." He admitted to her, glancing across quickly to see her smile softly back at him.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one." She murmured - thoughts swirling in her mind of what was to come.

"Okay, let's just decide to not be nervous anymore. Tell me something about you." Harry nervously rambled, as if telling himself he wasn't nervous would stop his fingers from trembling on the steering wheel.

"Boh, about what?" She asked, hoping for some inspiration.

"Anything." Harry answered, he was happy to hear anything about her.

"I don't know, I told you about my sister before, she lives in Verona with my parents. My parents had me really young, like sixteen - fresh out of school." Anna started babbling, unsure of what to say. But talking was relieving her nerves slightly.

"Wow, that is young, but love is love." Harry commented, not in a judgemental way - but in awe.

"Exactly. They did everything they possibly could've to give me the best life, and the best opportunities. I love them." Anna spoke, reflecting on her memories - and how she hadn't seen her family in a while.

"What are their names? You don't have to tell me any of this by the way, I am just being incredibly nosey." Harry assured her as he turned down the lane where they would stop to head to their date.

"I don't mind, my parents are Arnold and Isabelle. My sisters name is Sophie." Anna told him, as he pulled up.

"Those are nice names, my parents are Des and Anne, sister is called Gemma."

"I like your mums name." Anna told him, with a smile twitching at the edges of her lips. It took him a couple of seconds, but when he understood why she was fighting a smile he rolled his eyes and tried to suppress his laugh.

"Are we here?" Anna asked, peering out of the window. She could see a path lit by yellow string lights, but she couldn't see the destination.

"Yes we are." Harry answered and opened the door before jogging around to the other side to open Anna's, extending his hand out to help her out.

"Looks lovely." Anna commented and Harry smiled, if he thought this was lovely - he felt a lot more comfortable that she would find what he had planned lovely too.

"As do you," Harry tried to downplay, making her blush.

"You're very kind." She responded with a shy smile, while Harry intertwined their fingers so they swung together in between them.

"You are. You are gorgeous." He told Anna, with total honesty. She had never been the type of person who was able to accept compliments, though and didn't know how to respond so she just squeezed his hand and leant her head on his shoulder as he lead them down the beautifully lit path.

~~~~

Sorry the chapter is a bit late, I have been watching Liam's interview. Very emotional !!

A couple of questions - please answer as it will help to inform how the story will go from here.

Do you like visuals (photos/gifs attached within chapters, face claims for characters) to help envision a chapter / character?

Do you want smut scenes in the book, or no?

Thank you!!

C. x
(@cloudstpwk // tiktok, twitter, wattpad)