Library of Hearts ~ Ch51

Start from the beginning

If you were to somehow damadge or puncture the heart that belongs to you then your right of passage back to the material world will be stripped away from you, condemning you to spend eternity within this domain. If you are able to make it back to the material world by successful obtaining your rightful heart then you will be awarded the gift of Cardiomyopathy disease as a parting present in order to remember your time spent here.

If you do not own a heart in the material world then you will not find a heart belonging to you among these chests. In that case you will be consumed by the void within 60 seconds upon arrival for being an abomination.
Now that all has been made clear, you may begin searching for your heart.

As soon as I finished reading off of the plaque, I instantly began to notice how the man beside me began panicking. His limbs shook in fear and his breathing quickened, trying to take in as much air as possible. Tears streamed down his face as he slowly turned his attention away from the plaque to me.
"I-Is this real?" He asked shakily, eyes wide with fear. I looked back at him with a more calmer look and hesitantly nodded at him.
"I think so." I told him after a pause.

I wasn't sure what to think of this world. It seemed to me as if it was a torture chamber rather than my own domain. It's main purpose was clearly to drive people crazy by putting them through the repeated pain of shoving a heart into their chest and then taking it out again if it wasn't theres. They'd loose their minds in here. But there was a part of me that was secretly amused by the fickle game that this domain played. It was twisted, I know.

"I-I can't! I can't stay here forever! I have to find my son!" The man wailed in realisation. I could only stare at hin awkwardly as I watched him slowly figure himself out. Watching him run around the area for a bit, the man finally crumbled to his knees and began wheeping. Then he lifted his head towards me and stared at me with a look that I could only describe as 'What do I do?'. But I didn't know what answer to give him. What could he do? There was clearly only one way to leave.

With that in mind I turned my face from him over towards the chest, staring at the stacks of cased hearts that beat in their chests. The man translated my longing stare towards the hearts as me telling him that he should just follow to instructions of the plaque. With wobbling legs, he stood up from the marble floor and trudged towards the wall of hearts.

Hands reached forward, trembling at the sight of the chests. Then he pulled out a random glass chest and picked up the heart inside of it with a whimper. It beat in his hands, making the man realised that this was all real. The beating heart in his hands was real. And this situation he was in, was real.

The man held out his right hand and shakily began bringing it closer to his chest. Was he really going to reach into his own chest? Almost as if he could hear my thought, the man plunged his hand into his chest with a loud scream. His chest dripped blood, creating a large puddle of the red liquid beneath his feet. Cries and yells left his throat as he carefully shoved the random heart into his chest and then removed his hand with amother scream.

Stepping back slightly, I winced at the mans screaming. He was clearly in so much pain and I didn't know how to react to it. The male stumbled in place as he recovered from the emense pain he just felt and waited for some sort of sign to see if anything worked. We stood there in silence and watched as his chest healed. But the moment it had fuly healed, the man clutched his chest in pain and fell onto his knees. In response, the sky flashed red.
"It's the wrong heart." I mumbled out knowingly.

The male continued to thrash around in pain on the floor, convulsing at the feeling of the torment. I could only watch him. I wasn't quite sure why I didn't feel guilt of any kind because I knew that I usually did when it came to other people in pain because of me. But it was like this domain didn't allow me to feel guilt. Just as how it dosen't allow my victim to feel any hostility towards me.

After a while of thrashing around against the marble floor, the man forced his hand into his chest and quickly pulled out the heart to stop this pain. Of course, in return he just recived more pain until his would fully closed up. Once he was healed, he threw the heart across the other side of the room in anger and frustration before falling to the ground with a wail.

I kind of pitied him, the way he looked so helpless on the floor as he realsied that his rightful heart could be in any one of these glass chests...any one of these 7.8 billion hearts. And there was no way to actually find out which was his. With pursed lips, I began walking down the red carpet, wanting to see how far it really went. But as I walked and walked and walked, I realised that there was no end. After a few minutes of endless walking, I decided to stop seeing as that the scenery never actually changed.

With a sigh, I turned to my right and began staring at the hearts beside me. It was sopposed to be just a quick glance before walking back to the man covered in his own blood. But for some reason once again, my eyes were drawn to a certain heart. Konahagi Shotaro. My eyes widened at the heart. Just by name alone, I would of had no clue who this heart belonged to...but I could somehow feel it. This was his heart. I smiled at my accomplishment, squealing in happiness as I prepared myself to pick up the glass chest. But before I could I heard my name being called from somewhere in the distance...

"(Y/n)!"

Spinning around to face the voice, I noticed how everything changed once again. I was no longer in my domain but now in the real world, staring into the worried eyes of Itadori Yuuji. I noticed how I was still in that same room, surrounded by broken pieces of wood and torn material. But that wasn't what I should be worried about. Quickly snapping back to my senses, I frantically looked around me for the old man or Shotaro as I recently found out. But he wasn't here. Yuuji and I were the only two in the room filled with wreckage.

"(Y/n)?! Are you okay? You're cheek is bleeding!" Yuuji asked me worriey with furrowed brows. I was about to answer him, to tell him that I was completely fine. But the moment I opened my mouth, dizziness overtook me and a veil of darkness overcame my eyesight. Tiredness became the only thing I could feel as it pulled me down into sweet slumber. I didn't fight it, letting my eyes close as I lost feeling. I could hear Yuuji's yells as I fell...but I was too tired to care.

(A.N ~ Finally her expansion domain is revealed. I've had this idea for her domain aince chapter 2. I'm glad i can finally share it with you guys. What did you think?  Was it what you were expecting? Vote & Comment!)

Chapter 52 Quote Teaser :

"Your domain expasion is fucking twisted."