Chapter 19

I didn't do that of course. I ended up changing my outfit.

The short black dress was replaced with the powder-blue one which had bell sleeves and tie waist. It had a high neckline and was ankle length so I couldn't image Dan complaining about this one.

The black dress I had to abandon was an outfit that I wore many times at parties. I didn't buy new clothes often when I was living with mom so it was my one "to go" creation I would always wear it for special events.

I knew that he wouldn't have a problem with any outfit that I bought during shopping with Andrew who I suspected of having a sixth sense because whenever I tried to pick something even so slightly more revealing he was giving me "the look". It's hard to describe "the look" I just knew when he looked at me like that I instantly knew I had to find something else.

I didn't feel very comfortable wearing expensive designer clothes but they were now the majority of the things I owned so I guess I had to get used to it at least a little.

It was the first time I was in the car with Dan, not Max. They really had separate cars despite the fact they were going to the same school.

It was a sports car in a forest green color. I had no idea what model it was but it looked new, crazy expensive like everything this family-owned.

Dan was wearing a black bomber jacket, deep red polo shirt, sunglasses, and chinos. After 15 minutes ride, Dan's phone started ringing.

"What's up, Connor?" Dan's brows furrowed as he was listening to what his friend has to tell him over the phone "What change of plans, where? Okay, see you there"

I was confused when Dan decided to stop the car at the side of the road.

"Listen, Ellie, it's kind of awkward but you can't go to the party"

"What? Are you serious?" He couldn't be serious. I was getting more and more annoyed with each second. All the fuss about the dress and that was all for nothing?

"Connor called me, he won't be hosting the party at his house. His friend got the job as the bouncer in one of the best nightclubs in the city, he will let us in"

"What's the problem? Let's go"

"By us I mean me and my friends not you. I can't take you to the club, Ellie. Dad agreed for you to show up at Connor's place. There's not even a point of calling him, I know he will tell me to bring you back home"

"Let's not tell him then" I proposed an obvious solution.

Dan didn't like it.

"Ellie, this is really a bad idea, I can't just take you there without his knowledge"

"But you can't go there either, right? You have to be over 21 to enter the club legally and I'm sure Andrew wouldn't allow you to go if he knew, right?"

Dan went quiet. Oh, fine I know what to do next. I smiled at him sweetly.

"Let's both agree to not tell Andrew it will be a secret between us"

Dan sighted.

"If he finds out about it I'm dead"

"I really want to go. Please"

Dan looked like he couldn't believe what he was about to say.

"Alright. Fine."

"Hell yes"

"Hey! Mind your language and focus" he started with newfound sternness in his voice.
"You need to listen to me, I don't want to hear any protests from you when I tell you to do or not to do something. I want you to be near me all the time, no drinking, no talking to strangers, no talking to boys. I better not see you with alcohol because I will kill you before dad kills me, am I clear?"