22. Under The Bridge: Four

(DREW)

I stood outside the hospital holding the Parliament cigarette box in my hand. Picking at the unlit dangerous sticks silently calling my name, I took one out the box and played around with it. I placed it between my lips and took out my lighter.

Then I remembered Camryn and what she told me about smoking.

I promised her and technically myself. Ever since that night with Camryn I never turned back to smoking. I did anything to avoid it.

I took out the lighter and lit it against the cigarette. I pushed the lighter back looking at the flame burning delightfully in the cool air surrounding me.

Wave to the left. Wave to the right

I moved it completely away from the cigarette. I threw away the lighter, then I broke the cigarette in half. I took the rest of the cigarette box and crushed it with my hands.

"Fuck this!" I threw the cigarette box away. I wasn't paying any attention to the sky when I realized it was getting dark outside. Outside the hospital, the coast was getting clear. They're wasn't that much cars and people walking around the parking lot anymore. There were a couple strangers wondering around but most of them left. I headed towards the back exit of the hospital sneaking my way in to go see Willy and question him myself.

I got lucky running up the stairs in the back of the hospital where no one can see me. Dashing my way up the stairs, I finally reached the floor he was on. I didn't care if Dr.Bertrand ran into me again or if security guards saw me. That was the least important thing on my mind.

I ran in the hallways looking for his room number. As I reached the room number, I look out the window of the door, noticing a woman rubbing her daughter's hair, the other hand on the leg of Willy's. Confused but yet surprised. The girl looked to be in her late teen's. Probably nineteen or eighteen. She looked quite grown a little bit.

I walked in quietly trying not to make any noise. I hid behind the wall and listened to their conversation.

"Honey I'm glad your okay." Said the woman reaching for his hand.

"Me too dad."

"Zaria had ballet recital today but she cancelled it to come see you Will." Willy laughed softly grabbing Zaria's hand. She gave him a hug trying not to hurt him. She looked like she feared him a little bit. Zaria walked away from him and looked out the window of the hospital.

"What's going on?" I asked meeting them eye to eye. Zaria walked up towards me and stood still. She's quite tall for her age. Probably five feet and nine inches.

"Excuse me." I said to Zaria politely asking for space between us.

"Wait, hold on, who are you?" her French accent was strong.

The woman behind her got off the edge of the bed and held to Willy's hand.

"Drew! And I'm his son than you very much," Willy looked shocked that I just exploited my identity to a bunch of strangers. "Is this why you wanted me to stay away?" I asked him pushing Zaria aside softly.

"Don't touch my daughter." said the woman. Zaria had a good grip on my jacket. This little girl has to be athletic.

"Do we know you?" Zaria questioned me before I pushed her away much harder.