The Winds Of Winter(Audelia POV)

Start from the beginning

"When we used to have feasts, I remember you used to sit up here, and I'd sit down there. Until your mother looked away and you were able to sneak down to me", said a voice behind, I recognized as Jon. He entered the room, walking slowly inside, and looking around the room.

"Could have been worse, Jon Snow", said Melisandre as she entered from behind Jon. I straightened as I saw her, and smiled politely. We hadn't spoken since she told me my prophecy. I thought it was a load of rubbish, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings anymore.

"You had a family, you had feasts", continued Melisandre.

"You're right, I was luckier than most", agreed Jon as he joined me by the High Table.

We all looked over to see Ser Davos enter but no Lords followed him. I looked at him confused, until he threw something to Melisandre and she caught it with ease.

"What is that?", I asked, nodding to the wooden sculpture in her hands.

"Tell them", seethed Ser Davos, and I was surprised by his tone. "Tell them who it belonged to".

"The Princess Shireen", replied Melisandre after a moment.

"Tell them what you did to her. Tell them!", yelled Ser Davos. I jumped into Jon a little, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"We burned her at the stake", replied Melisandre after a moment. I could tell she was having a hard time talking about this. But I needed to know. If Ser Davos was this upset, it had to be something large.

"Why?", asked Ser Davos, and I felt pity for him. He looked like he was on the verge of tears. I knew this Red Woman was bad news the moment I saw her.

"The army was strepped, the horses were dying. It was the only way", replied Melisandre.

"You burnt a little girl alive!", yelled Ser Davos.

"I only do what my Lord commands!", yelled back Melisandre. 

"If your Lord commands you to burn children, your Lord is evil!", yelled Ser Davos, and I had to agree with him there. But Melisandre looked beyond offended.

"We are standing here because of him", argued Melisandre with a quieter voice. "Jon Snow, and his sister Lady Audelia Stark are alive because the Lord willed it.".

"I loved that girl. Like she was my own. She was good. She was kind. And you killed her!", yelled Ser Davos, and I resisted the urge to go comfort him. 

"So did her father. So did her mother", replied Melisandre. "Her own blood knew that it was the only way".

"The only way? For what? They all died anyway!  You told everyone Stannis was the one who was promised. You had him believing it, all of them fools. And you lied!", continued Ser Davos.

"I didn't lie. I was wrong", said Melisandre.

"Aye. You were wrong. How many died because you were wrong?", asked Ser Davos. Everyone went quiet for a moment until Ser Davos turned to me and Jon. "I ask that you execute this treasonous woman for murder. She admits to the crime.".

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?", asked Jon. I could tell he was completely disgusted by her actions. 

I did not believe in the Lord of Light. Or any of her prophecies. Perhaps she thinks of the signs, thinks that her Lord shows them to her. I did not care.

I was going to be a mother myself soon. And I could not imagine sacrificing my own child to the gods because I thought it would improve the weather for a battle. I would never be able to. And nobody should be able to. She needs to be punished.