˙˙˙

"Ugh, I'm so glad you're back! Classes were so boring without you. So many things happened and you weren't here to see them with me," June gushes, walking beside me to the next class. Her ponytail is swinging with every step she takes.

"Hmm," I say. "I heard that one professor got caught making out with a student. What's up with that?" I wonder. Sebastian told me this, but he was in a hurry, so I couldn't press him for details.

June stops and gasps. "Oh, right! I almost forgot to tell you that! It's someone we don't know because he didn't teach us anything but someone caught him with one of his students on her knees and filmed it. It was a whole affair because they sent it in the news and it turned out that the professor was actually prepared to give his students a better grade if they did well in, you know ... naked act."

I grimace. "Wow. How utterly disgusting." Just thinking about having sex with one of my professors makes me cringe. They're old and just ... not at all attractive.

"Yeah, I know," she says. "It was crazy because everyone kept talking about it."

I would imagine.

"Hey, Gabrielle. Did you see the mail?" Sebastian comes out of nowhere. He notices June standing besides me and nods in her direction. "Hey."

June shifts on her feet and when she stays quiet, I look in her direction, seeing her whole face is red. I pause and stare. Wait, what? The wheels in my head start turning and I look back at Sebastian, standing there with a blank face, his eyes going from June to me when he notices me looking at him. My eyebrows shoot up. "What mail?" I ask him, looking at June again. She's looking in the other direction now.

"Meeting at four p.m. today. It's urgent."

I groan. Alexander's going to kill me. Or himself since I'm neglecting him so much. "Awesome," I mutter with no enthusiasm.

"I know, right? I have to run now. See you later." Sebastian's eyes swing into June's direction, but she's still looking elsewhere.

"Yeah, bye," I murmur half-heartedly, too busy studying June's reaction to him. Only when he's not here anymore does she turn her head back to look at me and I notice her cheeks are flaming red.

I grin.

"We're going to be late," she says, rushing forward, almost running away from me.

Huh, I think to myself. Interesting.

˙˙˙

I texted Alexander that I'll be home in the evening probably and he was not happy.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, he texted.

What am I supposed to do???

Can I come there?

To which I replied that, no, he can't go anywhere because he should be resting and, besides, he can't be with me in the meeting so he'd have to wait outside anyway.

Wow, he responded.

What a bunch of bullshit.

I chuckled at that. I know, I replied. I have to go now. I love you.

And he responded with Love you, which indicated he was, in fact, pissed because he didn't put an I before love. Oh, well. He'll need to get over it.

I sit down by Sebastian while we wait for this meeting. No one is really sure what it's supposed to be about. Sebastian's looking down at his phone. He barely muttered a hello to me. I shift in my sit, trying to attract his attention. "So," I start casually. "What do you think about June?"