Seigel said nothing for a short while.
What was he thinking? He avoided my gaze and looked at where the sun was rising.

“Please, forgive me.”

Seigel was prostrating himself.
I didn’t think he would end up going that far to apologize.

“Please forgive my thoughtless speech. I said it because I wanted you to understand anguish. I won’t do something like hurting your pride again.”

“N-no you don’t have to go that far…”

“This is how it should be.”

Seigel maintained his position, unmoving.
I faced towards the the coach, even I feel bad like this.
Turning back to him, he was still preserving his position.

“Uh that…I forgive you, so…”

“Really?”

He raised his head to me and confirmed it twice. After it was all sorted he went to bed.
If a monster shows up I will deal with it.
It seems he believes in me, I can hear him snoring from here.
He was noisy and pushing with his leg, but I noticed a small smile float onto his face.
Roel and Cynthia were still sleeping soundly, their breathing was deep.
‘What am I supposed to do if Seigel’s snoring interferes with me sensing a monster…’, I was thinking this with a few expletives mixed in.
I forced myself to sleep.

///

“Roel, can this be eaten?”

“Eat, eat! *munch* *munch*”

Cynthia seems to enjoy giving us food, almost like she was feeding pets,
No matter what we ate it looked like it was interesting for her.
The confections she had been holding were already reduced to about half.

“Here, aa~~hn!”

“*munch* *munch*”

“Please do “aa~~hn” for me too!”

“Pay attention to where we’re going.”

The give and take continued with monsters sometimes appearing. They weren’t a big deal so I found myself dozing off here and there.

【<Raging Monkey> appeared! HP:73】
【<Pecking Bird> appeared! HP:49】
【<Slash Cat> appeared! HP:42】

The <Pecking Bird> kept escaping into the sky where the <Fire Rod>’s flame couldn’t reach. Roel was clearly mad about this since she was shaking and waving her staff at it.
I jumped into the air to defeat it, but Roel was just glaring with bulging cheeks.
Seigel enthusiastically dealt with the other two monsters, even using a technique to attack them.”Concentrate on the Coach!” you could hear Cynthia scolding Seigel.

“Ryua-chin, you really are strong!”

“Really…?  mugya!”

She had been embracing me like this a lot during our journey.
Roel saw this, and not wanting to lose hugged me tighter.

“I used <Heal> on you so you should be fine, right?

Even though I wasn’t injured, Roel had used <Heal> on me.
The bird meat keeps being snatched, but no one knows who’s been stealing it.
Is the <Fire Rod> why the bird meat always ends up being like that?

“It seems like we’ll be able to reach the canyon’s midway point today, so we’ll be stopping at the Kizel Lodge tonight.”

“Oh right! I forgot something like that existed here. It’s pretty expensive though.”
(TL: 「そうそう! この渓谷の存在価値っていったらそのくらいだもの!」)