“Hey, Ryua-chan, I’m sure you had a sword right? Isn’t it fine to not buy anything?”

“T-that sword has some kind of dangerous effect. Because it would be dangerous if Roel got caught up in it, I’d like to avoid using it as much as possible. That’s why I’m looking into getting a normal sword for fighting.”

That flash of annihilation. The explosion that swallowed up the <King of Destruction>. Its power is quite a menace to me.
I would look like an idiot if I accidentally invoked the weapon’s effect and got caught up in the explosion, so I really need to make up my mind and decide.

“Ryua-chan, you’re already strong to start with, isn’t it fine regardless which you choose?”

“That’s not the problem you know…”

Roel doesn’t understand my plight. Whether good or bad, it’s just that one problem.
Even if I buy the iron sword, its power might not be as strong as I’m imagining. Same for the wing sword, its speed might not actually be that fast. My worrying won’t end.
I want to try testing them, but if I don’t test it in an actual battle then it’s useless.

“Hey, how about buying both.”

“No.”

It was an immediate reply. Roel is terribly strict towards money.
I wonder if it’s her methodical personality, she is really precise when she manages the household finances book.

“Mean…”

I showed Roel a crestfallen look , but it wasn’t effective.
I wasn’t able to trick her with my act.

“If you can deal with my quest then I can get you better weapons, just so you know.”

Unable to let things continue as they were, the old owner of the weapon shop suddenly suggested something.
If I take it, I can get a better weapon.
No matter what I have to do, I’m ready.

“As a matter of fact——-”

Just as the old guy was about to say something, the weapon shop’s door was quietly opened.
Putting the explanation on hold, the old guy said “Welcome” but that person said nothing and walked towards us.

“How much would all of these weapons go for? It’s fine no matter how much you buy them for.”

“Wouldn’t you be in trouble if you sell all these? You, are you that sword fighter?”

“It’s fine, I don’t need them anymore.”

*sigh* “Then…”

Without getting a proper explanation about the situation, the old guy started to trade.

“Ok, this is all.”

“Thank you”

After receiving the money, the man went outside quietly.
His figure from behind was hunched over and had no reliability to it at all, it was as if he would collapse at any time.

“That guy is probably feeling guilty. Failing a quest…every adventurer will experience that. We failed one in the past as well, Geneki was feeling pretty down at that time.”
(TL:オレも昔、現役だった頃はヘコんだもんさ)

“Geneki? Old man, you used to be an adventurer?

“Aah, how nostalgic…in those days there wasn’t anyone that didn’t know the name of Kozow.”

Kozow, the weapon shop owner, started to get earnestly immersed in remembering.
His hair is now mostly gone and his stomach is big, right now there isn’t even a shadow of his past.
(TL: 頭の 毛 は薄く なり 、下っ腹 はぽっこりと 出 ていて 今では その影 もない 。)