[04] I DON'T LIKE RICH PEOPLE

Začít od začátku

"Nendou, if you break the painting you could go to jail!" said [Y/N], frowning. "You won't be able to pay it, still if all of us helped you!"

Who says I would help him pay?

"Don't worry, [L/N]," he answered with a proud smirk. "I am always extremely caref- Wow! It's a tiger!"

"What?"

[Y/N] turned around after hearing Nendou's exclamation and faced a big orange cat. She opened her eyes, stunned.

Add this to the list of things [L/N] [Y/N] has never seen in her entire life.

"It is about the same as having a giant house cat," said Aren, narrowing his eyes and nodding.

What?! I know I have a little fish, but this is not how a house cat looks like!

"I wonder if this tiger is one of those man-eating tigers that killed its trainer!" exclaimed Kaidou, looking hopeful.

What?! Oh my God, I need to get out of here fast!

Good grief. Don't worry [L/N], nothing will happen to you.

And just as Saiki's thoughts were some kind of magic (*wink wink*), Nendou started playing with an honestly submissive tiger. He laughed alongside his new little-big friend while Saiko stared at them, dumbfounded.

Saiko frantically started showing them his most precious objects, trying to make them admire him. However, revealing one thing after another, no one except for [Y/N] was impressed —she wasn't enough to make Saiko satisfied, though.

He had to convince everyone he was outstanding.

"Oh, look at the time," said Nendou, staring at a very expensive clock. "We better get going. Let's go eat some ramen!"

The four guys and [Y/N] started walking towards the exit. This day had been stressful enough for our spectacular main character.

Of course, it has! I was close to a fricking tiger, for God's sake.

"If you're hungry, my world-class chef..."

So pathetic.

The friend group left Saiko's house, hearing his complaints in the distance. Despite Nendou's requests, they decided not to eat ramen with him but go to their respective homes.

[Y/N] saw the opportunity and approached Saiki —who, as always, was silently pacing.

"Hey, Saiki!" she said. "Do you mind if I walked you home?"

Yes, I do mind. A lot, actually.

Saiki answered with a shrug, which [Y/N] took as a yes. She happily saluted Kaidou, Aren, and Nendou and accompanied Saiki to his house.

The first few minutes were quiet. [Y/N] had thought of this moment the entire day, practicing what she would say when the moment came, but now, she couldn't open her mouth.

Good grief, just spit it out. I'm altering your memories in the end.

"Saiki... Are we friends?" asked [Y/N], wiggling with her fingers.

He glanced at her, trying to not seem confused. Although Saiki could read her mind, he thought she would ask him about the classroom's temperature situation —that's what [Y/N] was thinking all the time, after all.

"I don't know," Saiki answered with a shrug.

"Oh..."

That wasn't the answer I expected... I'm kinda sad, actually.