XXI

"Ms. Umosaki. I do apologize for taking you like this," Detective Morgan says not trying to sound concerned.
"It's okay Detective Morgan. Why did you may I ask?" Am I in trouble?"
"That's what we want to confirm but questions will be asked once we're at the police station."
"I'm sorry that your daughter is in such a tough state."
"Wha-?! How'd you know I have a daughter?"
I keep silent looking out the window.
"H-Hey.." He tries to bug me but he gives up once we finally reach the police station.

Morgan comes out along with his driver as he opens the door for me to come out and I did. Morgan then handcuffs my hands and I look at him puzzled.

"Safety measures, please understand," he says and I humbly comply.
He escorts me all the way to an interrogation room. In the room, that same woman who was protesting that day was sitting down at the corner. When she sees me, she immediately gets scared backing up against the wall. Morgan goes over to her to calm her down.

"It's her! It's her It's herr!! The red-eyed girl's heir-!"
"Shhh shhshh, it's okay sweetheart it's okay.." Morgan assures her.
"Red-eyed girl? Do you mean my mom Stella Umosaki?" I ask and the woman jolt in fear.
"I was gonna ask about that. So you are her daughter," Morgan says.
"Mhm, and she's yours. Lulu Amagiri, someone who Mom had a fight with for my Dad."
"What? Did your mother told you those as fairytales?"
"A-All due respect Detective, you already know my Mom's commitment to Dad that she doesn't care about anyone who even dared to take him at her time."
Morgan nods to himself. "19 years ago. What else do you know?"
"I know that Mom tortured Lulu until she basically became insane. I also know she's been in the psych ward for exactly 17 years just for treatment which obviously vaguely worked on her part. I also know Mom was a big threat to you Detective. Want me to go on?"
"What are you, a god or something?"
"I wouldn't title myself such a thing because a mere shot in the chest can kill me. But I do have something that can do as far as changing realities."
"Bullshit-"
"Is it really after experience with my Mom in the past? Mom's scary crimson red eyes that your daughter LuLu has seen and it haunts her up until now."
He pauses for a bit. "Wh-What is that something and you better have proof."
I reveal my left eye to him and his daughter. "It's called the Omuni Eye."
"S-Seriously...what are you? What are you things?"
I look at him and his daughter.
"That eye..can change reality? What do you mean by that?"
"In simpler terms, change time. I've done it before and the previous reality was way worse than this one we're in right now. In that timeline my mother was more petty than this one, any girl who even attempted to take my dad from her are dead. Your daughter one of them. It was fulfilling to have a reality where she spares her life and a few others."
"You say that but her life is still ruined. She's been in a white padded room for 17 years! Why did you changed reality and made her life worse still?!"

"W-Well...that was because I was changing it for my own gain...a more wholesome version of my mom and..someone I can love and cherish, and that's (Y/N)."
"Aw that's so cute. How many lives you took because of him?"
"...The ones reported at the school. Including his mom's killer that the police just let go."
"You did all of that? Hm should've known."
"I confessed everything and would happily turn myself in. But you can't."
"And why is that Ms. Umosaki?"
"This Omuni Eye, the reason I still have it is because this reality I realize it's one sided and therefore it's imbalanced and don't have the right amount of peace. And that's what I want to do, make a new reality where peace is everywhere. Everyone that died will no longer be; everyone who's had a tragic life will have a happy one. That's what my goal is, my aim is."
"And what is stopping you from doing it right now?

"There's someone who's sent after me because of this eye and is doing everything to take what I earned from this reality and kill me. But I have to take her down in order for my goal to come into being. I really really enjoy the happiness and the peace and I'm willing to do everything it takes if it ends with me living in that peace with  (Y/N)."
Morgan looks at me with mix feelings about what I'm explaining. "And what? We should help you?"
"You don't have to help. I do however want to make everyone's lives better including mine. And I promise that even LuLu will have a happier life than this..just give me that chance, and I won't let it be for nothing."

"I...I honestly don't understand what this case of yours is but...if it goes well...LuLu will have a better life than this? And my wife won't need to be in the hospital?"
"Detective I promise," I say tearing up. "You have my word."

Updates: Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays