chapter three.

Lilith.

There isn't much to tell about the first few days at Hogwarts. But I'll tell you about it anyway. The sorting ceremony is the same, except this time Mattheo and I don't take our hands off each other. We're always touching. I know he does that because it comforts both of us, but also because it lets people know that we are together. Which means I'm completely off limits.

Like completely.

At the first dinner in the Great Hall, Dumbledore talked about Tom Riddle. I glared at anyone that looked at Mattheo.

Okay, I lied. The back to school party was something else. And, oh god, I was about to kill more than one person.

☯︎︎

✨da outfit (and a leather jacket)✨

da outfit (and a leather jacket)

Mattheo wanted to go and get drinks because he didn't trust anyone here after what happened last year. Even though Pucey is gone, who's to say someone else won't try and drug my drink?

He gave me my drink and said that he needed to go and talk to someone. So, I sat down on the couch and drank until my cup was empty. I made sure that no one came near my drink and put anything in it.

The back to school party, we decided, was going to happen a week into school. It's sort of like the first two parties of last year combined. The back to school and the congratulations you made it through the first week party.

Music isn't blaring as much as I thought it would be at this point. Though, it is pretty late in the party and people are super drunk, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was hurting everyone's heads.

Perks was sitting across from me, and she was about to piss me the fuck off.

"You and Mattheo are dating?" she asks, and I nod. She shakes her head. "I have to be honest, I didn't think you guys would ever start dating. Mattheo isn't the settling type, you know? He goes from one girl to the next. Kind of like you."

"If you're going to call me a slut, Perks, I'm more than happy to throw a drink on you."

She laughs. "You're so funny, Lilith."

"I wasn't joking."

She shrugs and laughs again. "Look, I'm just saying, okay? You two have been dating since the last day of school last year, which is pretty good for the two of you. I mean, I'm surprised you haven't killed each other yet."

"You can talk about how toxic you think my relationship is, Perks, just say it outright and don't try to cover it up with shit."

"That's not what I'm saying," she says. "I just think that you should keep a tighter leash on your boyfriend. Like the leash he keeps on you. You can't talk to anyone but him, Draco, Blaise, and the teachers. You let him talk to anyone he wants. You let him do whatever he wants."