Chapter 17 - Meeting the Friends

Start from the beginning

"What? Dude. Yes, yes she's here.... No! Dude. Dude, fuck you. No," George goes quiet for a few seconds and I assume that she is me, "Fuck you man. Look I've got to go... No I'm not - she's not... Look, bye."

....

Do I ask him? Do I pretend that I wasn't listening? Although, he'd have to be stupid to believe that. What else would I be doing? After he chucks his phone back onto the table, George looks at me almost waiting to see my reaction.

"Uh..." Is my intelligent reply.

He rolls his eyes, "Elliot obviously finds you interesting."

A thought comes to mind, "I don't know any of your friends."

At my statement, a small smile crawls onto his face, "Now who's clingy?"

I'm not sure why but the face that he remembers our conversation last night makes a smile grow on my face but a sense of vulnerability stem in my chest. However, the comment is less appreciated. Clingy? Please. He wishes.

"Clingy to your friends? Sure..."

That smile turns into a dangerous smirk. Despite our happy moods, the smirk reminds me of the George that was strangling a stranger against the wall. My mind reels at the thought. No, I didn't want to go there.

"What do you want to do all day?"

I'm thankful he's changed the subject and thankful that I don't spend too much time thinking about negative things. My head snaps back to the snow outside as I think of our options. How could it still be snowing? Hasn't the sky run out yet? Even though I'm trapped in George's house, I'm still enjoying the weather. Did I think it was time to stop? Yes. Did I want it to melt right away? No.

"Luna?"

Oh right, he asked me something. "We could eat and watch Netflix all day?"

George rolls his eyes again, "If we run out of food I know who's to blame."

My eyebrows lift as I pretend to be offended, "Are you trying to say something?"

He laughs while getting up from our seats, "Don't push it, princess."

With his hand he motions for me to follow him. Bringing my empty bowl, I do just that. George leads us to the kitchen before looking in the cupboards in search for movie snacks. Yes, I am aware we just ate. Did I care? Not really. I open the fridge to check if we have eggs when a loud vibration causes me to jump. George laughs at my surprise while setting his tuning phone against the microwave as he leans against the cupboard. Instantly, I see one of his friend's face fill his phone screen and realise he's accepted a FaceTime call. The caller looks thrilled while George has a serious face painted on which causes me to laugh. Gosh, why did he naturally look so grumpy? My laughter catches the attention of them both as George looks at me as if to say what are you laughing about? While George looks perplexed, the caller has a devilish smile on his face.

"Is that Luna?"

The stranger's voice is shaky from the lack of connection, probably due to the weather, but I hear my name loud and clear. In response, George rolls his eyes while turning his face back towards his phone.

"Jesus, Elliot. You're obsessed."

Oh, it's Elliot again.

Elliot (I need to remember that) chuckles at the accusation, "Bring her here. Put her on!"

My eyes narrow at his interest. Why would he want me to be on there? Was this guy actually obsessed? Was he a stalker? George laughs at my expression, "Why?"