Day Four

Rick was at the cabin again, opening up his phone and going to text Patty. The amount of time away from her was eating away from him, he felt lonely even if he was with people. Rick was talking to Roy more, last night before they went to bed, Rick and Roy had a meaningful conversation.

About boys.

The conversation went a little like this. “So Roy,” Rick’s fingers linked together, he sat down next to Roy and said, “Do you have a crush on Rob or Ross by any chance?”

“Oh my GOD,” Roy sighed, “no I don't, we’re just friends.”

“That's what they all say,” Rick grinned, “you know...it's okay to tell me about it, I was a kid once.”

Roy didn't say anything for a bit, but his face was red and he knew Rick wasn't gonna drop it, “Well...it's hard to explain.”

“That's okay,” Rick says,”it's okay not to know, you're a kid-”

“No, I'm not sure what to do,” Roy admitted, “I like two people at the same time.”

“Ah,” Rick rubs his chin, thinking of what to say, “why not date them both,thats what I would do.”

“W-WHAT,” Roy exclaims, “would mom even be okay with that?”

“Look there's a bunch of secrets we've been keeping because we aren't sure how you'd react,” Rick explains, “but yes, your mother would be okay with it.”

“Oh...thats all I needed to know,” Roy curled up in a ball where he sleeps, “How do I tell them?”

“Ask if they're okay with a relationship with more than one person,” Rick also explained, “that would be called a poly relationship, and I just wanna say that I'm aware the relationship will not be se-”

“Don't mention that stuff pLEASE,” Roy emphasized, “you know I’d never,especially after...yeah.”

“I'm sorry Roy,” Rick sighs, “I really am. And I'm especially sorry for reminding you about him.”

Roy didn't necessarily say anything. He laid down and smiled. It was actually genuine.

“I'm glad you're sorry,” Roy mumbled and closed his eyes. Rick wanted a definite answer from him, an “I forgive” or “I won't forgive,” would be very nice.

“He's probably not going to forgive you,” Patty replied, finally bringing Rick to the present, “he will find peace in the fact that you're trying to be better, though.”

“That's not enough for me,” Rick actually started to feel desperate, “why can't I just tell him how I feel? And why can't he just keep a level head whenever I mention the mistakes I made as a father?”

“Probably because the ‘mistakes’ had linked to Roy’s trauma,” Patty started instantly replying which is making Rick a little worried, “yes sweetie, you made many mistakes, and for that I forgive you, our son cannot be reminded of his uncle, so please don't even mention him or imply the things he has done.”