Chapter 15: The Wave

Start from the beginning

Schwi: "Which means we'll be blind to its attacks and location. Got it"

The void stared back at me as it knew the fear we were all feeling. However, it most likely knew that I wouldn't let fear itself stop me from defending against its killer instinct.

I take a deep breath and silently exhale as I prepare myself mentally. If I made even the slightest mistake, it could cost anyone of us our lives. I could feel the pressure to be perfect and I put my faith in them to not worry about anything that can happen to me.

Y/n: "Illya.. duck"

I immediately threw the knife as it hits wood. Upon a blade landing on my hand I threw it 6'o clock. Nothing but wood. I wouldn't move from my position as I simply threw the blades while picturing the lit area we were in as a clock.

"10 yards"

I threw the next one at 8 and got the same result.

"13"

Everyone was quiet as the sound of the blades striking wood was all that could be heard.

I throw the next one at 10 and don't hear it hit anything.

"This is the dangerous part"

I catch the next blade and prepare to throw but notice one of the blades flying towards my face.

"And I trust you all"

It dematerialized just before striking my eye as I chuck the blade even faster.

"Bingo"

That's when everything opened up for my marksman.

..

Y/n: "Schwi, don't miss your shot"

The words repeated inside the young Ex machina's head. The pressure was through the roof but her confidence never was mislead. Not when her master had belief in her.

"I won't miss master"

..

I continue throwing blades at it as occasionally, I'd be thrown some back but Shirou would delete them before hitting me. By now, I had mapped out the scenery around us by pure sound.

Y/n: "Muramasa"

He looked over to me as I hadn't stopped focusing on the running monster.

Y/n: "7. Open for about a second all the time. Keep your attention on the time ticking"

He nodded as he pieced together the words. With the message clear, Muramasa got ready for an attack.

..

That hit earlier landed and it made it bleed. Now I can hear it clearly. It's blood falling on the ground.

Muramasa: "I am but a simple blacksmith"

"Uncountable years of toil to reach this place"

I place my hand on the handle, the guard assuring me that I am at the end.

"Forging thousands of swords to create a barrow of blades. Many paths, converge here"

I heard the blade hit wood at 1'o clock and I was ready. Intending to hit without miss.

"Enduring desires, flow here"

Wood, 2

"Unjust deaths gather here"

Wood, 3

"My whole life has been for this single swing"

Wood, 4

"The heart of the blade is here!!"

Wood, 5

"Accept this blow from my Tsumukari.."

Wood, 6

Muramasa: "MURAMASA!!!"

7

..

The swing pierces through the forest and takes out a chunk of the it out.

Y/n: "DO IT NOW, SCHWI!!!"

She had loaded her gun already and had it aiming at its target. It was being held by Illya's string familiars.

Schwi: "Bang"

She fired her sniper as the bullet of light ripped its head clean off. The rest of the body disappeared by the light engulfing it.

The atmosphere felt different. It was now that we could hear the sound of monster and warriors battling in the far distance.

Y/n: "Whatever it was, it could affect our senses. Come on guys, we need to go aid the rest-"

??: "*chuckles* That was quiet the exciting little plan you all concocted~"

The sound of a deep and raspy menacing voice could be heard. It sent shivers down our spine as the sounds of his footsteps slowly got closer.

??: "If it isn't the little hero who should of never been summoned?"

We slowly turn around to see a figure coming out the shadows once more.

Y/n: "Who are you?"

??: "Death. We've come to erase the mistake the creator made when bringing the Shield to this world~"

Shirou: "We?"

Death: "Don't worry about the rest~ Those 3 weren't faster than me.. I'll just give a quick and painless death. So play nice and be a good boy~"

My heart was racing once more as he felt like the real thing. His power was incredibly immense.

Schwi: "Master, what so we do?!"

Shirou: "Miyu"

Schwi: "MASTER!!!"

I was speechless as the man walked towards us with a smile on his face.

Muramasa: "We fight, obviously!!"

I could feel it. This was the genuine article. This was a God.. and we stood no shot of beating him.

Y/n: ".. Run"