𝖢𝖺𝗌𝖾 02 : 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖬𝗒𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝖧𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖾

Constructed in 1866, the Winchester Mystery House grew into an unusual and massive landmark in San Diego, California.

It features an approximately 24,000 square feet lot, 10,000 windows, 2,000 doors, 160 rooms, 47 stairways, 13 bathrooms, and 6 kitchens.

Sarah Winchester, owner of the house, was also known as the heiress of the Winchester Repeating Arms— a brand of guns and rifle used to "take over the West".

Legends say that the vengeful spirits killed by the Winchester rifles had cursed her family— as per result to the early death of her daughter, father-in-law, and husband.

Psychics advised Sarah to move to the west and start building to appease the ghosts. If she continues to build, she'd live forever, but the second she stops, she will be damned. Thus, the bizarre architecture of the mansion to this day.

Unfortunately, Sarah had passed away in 1922.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I have to say, this place looks like a knock-off Disneyland." Beomgyu commented.

They all faced the enormously eccentric mansion. It was nighttime, and they were permitted to take a tour at such late hour. Soobin walked into the gates first, tailed by his friends. The house didn't look skeptical on the outside but rather more of a museum-type; just another iconic mansion with odd structures. Dozens of windows, random doors, elevated and protruding rooms, a couple of chimneys, and whatnot.

Taehyun frowned. "This house makes no sense."

"Everything doesn't make any sense to you, does it?" Kai elbowed him.

"Shut up."

"I mean he was right," Soobin rolled his eyes. "What kind of a person builds to her death? Everything looks disorganized."

Beomgyu grimaced. "Well, maybe if you were the cursed one, you'd do the same thing."

"Cursed my ass. Just because Kai fainted back in Gonjiam doesn't mean I'm buying all your paranormal shit."

"We saw a ghost!" Yeonjun batted. "An entire goddamn fiasco unfolded before your eyes, how can you not-"

"Say, we are slightly convinced." Taehyun interrupted. "But as long as science can explain, then I don't respect it."

Kai gasped in offense. "I was possessed!"

"Were you really?" Soobin eyed him.

Yeonjun scoffed, walking past them. "Fucking nerds."

Y/N tiredly shook her head. She pushed the front doors open, giving them access to a fully-furnished lounge. Everyone shone their flashlights to different corners. Only Yeonjun had brought a device this time— Y/N and Beomgyu insisted not to have their own.