𝖢𝖺𝗌𝖾 03 : 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖧𝗎𝗇𝗍 𝖥𝗈𝗋 𝖶𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗂𝗀𝗈

A Wendigo (also spelled 'Windigo') is a 15-feet tall, cannibalistic beast often spotted in regions of Minnesota, USA and Canada.

It is believed that a Wendigo lurks within the woods, especially in winter or night. It feeds on human flesh; its crave for more never brought to satisfaction.

Depending on the version, a Wendigo can also possess a man, driving him into an influence of cannibalism. Some say, it could also mimic somebody's voice to lure its victims to the depths of its lair.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Headlights flooded the rocky road as Yeonjun drove for 4 hours in order to reach their destination. It wasn't specific, just a spot in a vast woodland. His friends were either asleep or spacing out on their seats. Kai and Y/N were definitely snoozing, Beomgyu was quietly listening to some music, Taehyun was scrolling through his phone, and Soobin was staring out of the window.

"What was the creature's name again?" Taehyun inquired. "Wendy's?"

"Wendigo." Soobin said. "Who would name a creature Wendy's?"

"Oh, darn. It's creepy." He gasped. "I think I've seen one before."

Yeonjun looked at the younger through the rear view. Taehyun was browsing the internet for Wendigo references. His doe eyes set to sparkle.

"Really?" Yeonjun raised a brow.

"Yeah, in a Halloween house."

"Screw you," he spat. "I thought you legit saw it in the woods or anything."

"You really think I'd be here breathing if I happened to encounter one back then?" Taehyun sneered. "Think, hyung. Think."

"Park over there," Soobin pointed to a vacant lot. "I think there's a trail nearby. Look."

Yeonjun swerved to the side, halting the auto right where Soobin told him to. There were tall grasses and shrubs all around. No light shone apart from the car's. Everything else was relatively dark. Taehyun tapped his friends awake. Kai immediately flinched, making Y/N flutter her eyes open. Beomgyu took off his headphones. Soobin and Yeonjun undid their seat belts. They were ready to go.

Beams from six flashlights cascaded upon random areas of the woods. The gang walked in a close huddle, shivering under their jackets as cold, night wind striked. It wasn't silent; there were owls hooting by, crickets choir, a distant coyote howled, and treetops rustle. There wasn't any moon as the sky was thickly covered with clouds. The pathway was rough, stones and twigs making them trip occasionally.

"On a scale of 1-10, how sure are you to spot a Wendigo in here?" Y/N asked Yeonjun.

"I'll give it a 9 solid. Locals told me they've been hearing strange noises coming from this place so that could be it."

"Kai, you've lived in the States." Beomgyu nudged. "Any stories about the beast?"

"Uh, no." Kai looked around. "Though my friends used to tell me stuffs."

Taehyun turned to him. "Spill it, Kamal."

"Hmm," Kai toyed with his flashlight. "One told me that Wendigos live in dense forests like this. They've spotted one years ago, don't if it was true— some say they're unusually fast, and they howl like weird wolves, they copy human voices, and apparently, they tend to follow you as well."