Chapter Eight: What Team?

Start from the beginning

"Right there with you." Kourtney agrees, and multiple people follow. While Natalie and Ricky attempt to make everyone stay.

Seb and I decide to stay by Carlos, because we are both in shock and are unsure of where to go.

"Rehearsals are officially canceled until further notice!" Carlos announces, Seb softly caresses his shoulders. "I need to be alone right now, guys." He quietly informs, before walking out.

Seb and I exchange worried looks before choosing to exit the room together.

********************************************
*Third-Person POV*

EJ confesses to Nini, "I went to homecoming with Gina because I thought the drama would be too much for Ricky, and he'd quit the show. She thought the same with Bianca, I'm pretty sure. I was also hoping you seeing Gina and I together would make you jealous, and...I don't know, end with me and you back together."

"How would that even work? That wouldn't be proving to me that I could trust you." Nini explains.

"I never really understood, so, I guess while I'm confessing to things, despite the 4.3 GPA, I'm actually an idiot." He huffs a laugh.

Nini shakes her head in shame, "I don't really know what you want me to say."

"You don't have to say anything, I just wanted to do the right thing." He sighs, then walks away before swiftly stopping in his tracks, "Oh, uh..I also wrote you a really weird song once."

********************************************
*Bianca's POV*

As I close my locker to find EJ approaching me, confusion crosses my face, "Hey?"

He takes a deep breath, before offering a tight-lipped smile, "Hey."

I shut my eyes in embarrassment and blurt out, "I'm sorry about Homecoming-"

"Don't be." He blurts, waving it off.

My brows furrow as I open my eyes curiously and put my hands on my hips.

"It's fine." He assures, "It was definitely a slap in the face, but I deserved it."

I playfully shake my head in shame, as we share a gentle laugh.

"Bianca," EJ sighs, "Remember how my parents used to be on the school board? Well, if there's a hearing tomorrow, Miss Jenn is a done deal."

My eyes widen as shock crosses my face, "Seriously?!"

He nods, "Bianca, I'm so proud of you for getting back on the stage. I know everyone thinks you went through an awkward phase, because that's what you told them, but I know the real reason. I'm sorry that you won't get to play Gabriella. The audience doesn't know what they're missing. Don't ever listen to your mom."

Just when I think I'm done with him, he immediately pulls me back in. At his words, my eyes and heart both softened, "EJ, that means everything to me."

He nods, smiling, "We might not have worked out as a couple, but you'll always be really special to me."

I had to inhale to keep tears from escaping me, "I appreciate that, EJ. I appreciate you."

EJ nods, smiling wide while gently tapping my right elbow as my hands are still on my hips, before walking away.

While trying to hold back my tears, I take a deep breath and shut my eyes. I believe I am in the sad part of the breakup process, so maybe they were right about the denial, anger, and sadness stages of a breakup.

******************************************
Call after call, the entire drama club somehow ended up in Big Red's basement.

I am standing next to the fireplace, somewhat close to Nini. We were in awkward silence until Natalie spoke up, "This is a terrible party. There aren't even pretzels. What are we all doing here?" She snaps.