"They're amazing Diane! Especially that one with the bow over there."

"Oh the one inspired by the Southern Bell look? I'm glad you like it, it was definitely a bit experimental."

"Like it, it's a work of art Diane! You're so talented."

"Aww you're too kind. Would you like me to try to make that one for you for prom?"

"O-Oh, I'm not really sure if I'm gonna go."

"Of course you should go! It would be so much fun!"

"R-Really?"

"Yeah! Tell you what, why don't I make you this dress and if you like the way it looks, you go to prom with me and we can have a girls night!"

"I don't know.."

"Oh come on! It'll be fun! We can even pick up some fabric while we're here so you can pick the colors you want....."

The two girl's voices faded as once more he got stuck in his head.

Look how fast they moved on from you. They'll probably ignore you the whole time in the store. They're just fine without you, after all, they have other friends. Diane is really popular and Elaine has her brother and a few others. But you? You need them. Other then Elizabeth, you don't have anyone else. I mean, really... when was the last time Ban contacted you? He's only sent you maybe a few texts in the last two weeks to say hi. And how long will Elizabeth stuck around? She hasn't in the past and why would she? You're destined to be her enemy. Everyone will move on eventually... just accept that you'll always and forever end up alone again in the end-

"Hey Mel? What do you think about the dresses? I know it's probably not your favorite topic, but I'd like your input. Especially since if you see one you like, I might be able to make one for your prom date~"

Meliodas blushed at that, taking a second as he was taken from his thoughts on top of the fact that her comment made him flustered.

"O-Oh well I don't really have anyone to take.."

"Well then we can all go together! Just a good ol friends night! Besides, even if you don't I could make you a male version of one of these outfits if you'd like?"

"Oh you really don't have to, I wasn't even planning on going until no-"

"Please? It would mean a lot to us. It's a month away so you have plenty of time to think about it, it's just that we- or at least I- would love to share something like that with you. You're a good friend of mine!"

He blinked at that. Even out of the dozens of friends Diane had, she still considered him one of the closest? She... wanted him to be there with her?

Giving another shy smile, he nodded.

"O-Okay. I'll think about it."

"Yaay! Now can you take a look at these? Personally I think you look good in...."
_________________________________________

He smiled from behind his cage, at least a dozen chains wrapped around him even though they weren't what were keeping him there.

His dear friends to the rescue again... Oh well, I'm getting closer to him now. For years he's been tuning out my influence, but now.... with his closest friend gone and him at a vulnerable spot, it's getting MUCH easier to... suggest, him to go in a certain direction. Those "friends" of his won't be able to keep him from it for too long. And even if they do... he'll be visiting in less then a month now.... by then, I'm sure he'll be weak enough for another suggestion of breaking me free from here. And then finally, FINALLY, I'll get what I've waited for, for so long now..
_________________________________________

I hope you like the chapter! Comment what you think and more will come soon. The next chapter will be the actual shopping part. (: