Chapter Four.

“Good morning, sunshine!”

What? Is it morning already? I opened my eyes and was greeted by bright sunlight and blue eyes staring straight at me. I pulled my blanket further up to make sure I’m all covered.

“Morning, Trey! What time is it?” I said with a sleepy voice.

“It’s already eleven, so I thought you had enough sleep. I’ve got so much planned for us today.” He answered excitedly.

Oh my god! What have I gotten myself into now?!

“I’ll let you get ready. Breakfast is waiting for you downstairs, if you’re not there with 20 minutes I’m gonna come back and drag you out from this bed myself, okay?”

I nodded slowly and Trey walked out of the door.

Why? Why? I wanna sleep. Okay, stop moaning Kiara and get out of bed, now!

I slowly moved out of bed. It’s still sore and painful to move, but surprisingly it’s getting better. I’m actually quite happy about that, it will make escaping this place a lot easier. Yes, I haven’t forgotten my plan. I just have a couple minor details to figure out. Shortly I’ll be on my way back home.

I made my way to the bathroom for a quick wash. I saw myself from the mirror and surprisingly the wounds didn’t look that bad anymore, it must’ve been the ointment or a miracle. I put on a simple dark blue, mid sleeve skater dress from the pile of clothes, they had left on my bed. Gave my hair a quick brush and went downstairs.

The whole corridor smelled amazingly. My stomach was rumbling loudly. I love food. I entered the kitchen and saw Trey sitting at the table sipping his morning coffee. Also, I noticed a delicious pile of pancakes in the middle of the table. Yum!

“So what are your exciting plans for today?” I asked.

Trey lifted his head up and I saw him checking me out for a sec. He gave me a sweet smile and answered: “Well, I just have to say, that you look beautiful, Kiara.”

I looked down and blushed a bit. I was definitely not expecting that.

“And to answer your question it’s a surprise. You should eat first, I’m sure your stomach is craving for some of my exceptionally divine pancakes.”

I laughed at that and joined him at the table.

“I guess I have to taste and see, how exceptionally divine your pancakes actually are.”

After half an hour I was convinced that Trey was the best pancake maker ever. The whole breakfast was so delicious, my stomach was jumping for joy.

“So…what did you think?” Trey asked.

“Think of what?”

“My pancakes, of course. What’s the final decision?”

“Well, to be honest, I wasn’t very impressed.”

Trey looked at me shocked.

I started laughing: “ I’m kidding! It was absolutely delicious! Thank you, Trey.”

“You’re welcome.”

“I can do the dishes.”

After everything was nice and clean, Trey and I planted ourselves in the living room.

“Okay, are you ready for your surprise?” Trey sounded so excited.

“Yes, Trey, I certainly am. It better be good.” I said jokingly.