two

| THE ONE WHERE MONICA GETS A ROOMMATE

---- TONYMONROE {002}

THE TV IN THE LIVING ROOM OF MONICA'S APARTMENT RAMBLED ON IN SPANISH

Monica pointed to the Tv, "Now, I'm guessing that he bought her the big pipe organ and she's really not happy about it."

Behind the couch, Rachel paced whilst holding a phone to her ear. "Daddy, I just, I can't marry him. Im sorry. I just don't love him." She scoffed, "Well it matters to me!"

Chandler 'ooed' at the Tv, "She should not be wearing those pants,"

Joey shook his head slowly, eyes glued to the electronic, "I say push her down the stairs." In the end all of them were shouting to 'push her down the stairs' and cheering when it happened. Magnolia was sitting beside Monica, one arm slung over the back of the sofa.

"Come on Daddy, listen to me, it's like all of my life, everyone has told me, 'You're a shoe! You're a shoe! You're a shoe, you're a shoe, you're a shoe!' and then today i just stopped and said 'what if i don't want to be a shoe?" Rachel cried down the phone. "What if I want to be a purse you know, or a hat?"

The whole group of friends now had turned around to look over at Rachel as she walked up and down the kitchen, talking to the phone.

"No I don't want you to buy me a hat! I'm saying that I am a ha- it's a metaphor, Daddy!" Rachel was sinceraly frustrated, gripping the phone so hard that the fingertips of her hand were turning white.

Ross, who had gotten up to grab a glass of orange juice, decide to pipe up, "You can see where he'd have trouble."

Rachel sighed, "Look Daddy it's my life. Well maybe I will stay here with Monica! Or maybe Magnolia!"

They all now turned to Monica and Magnolia who were looking atg eachother. Magnolia backed out saying, "I'm still living with my parents." Monica grumbled, fake smiling.

"I guess we've established that she's staying here with Monica."

Magnolia was suprised when she saw Rachel still on the phone with her father. "Well, maybe that's my decision. Well, maybe I don't need your money. Wait, wait! I said maybe!" The phone was abruptly cut off, ending the conversation.

***

Chandler and Joey were by Monica's kitchen table, creating sandwiches for themselves. Joey pulled out some cheese from it's packaging and placed it on his sliced bread, licking his lips hungrily. However, on the sofa, Monica and Magnolia were coaching Rachel to breathe.

"Okay, just breathe. That's it. Just try to think of nice, calm things." Monica rubbed Rachel's back as Pheobe leaned over her shoulder. Magnolia was on the other side of Rachel, holding onto the brown, paper bag in front of her face.

"Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, doorbells and sleigh bells and something with mittens. La la la something with string, these are few-"

"I'm all better now!"

Pheobe walked over to Joey proudly, "I helped!"

Magnolia dropped the paper bag, "Okay look, this is probably for the best. You know... independance!"

Rachel glared at her whilst breathing in and out like Monica had told her to. "Well easy for you to say, you're still living with your parents!"

"Hey! I have a carrear for myself, thank you very much. And this card..." Magnolia waved about her favourite black card which was given to her exclusively. It was one of the things Rachel always wanted, but never got. Even though she got spoiled most of her life, Rachel had greed.

Joey sauntered over to Magnolia's side, "And hey, if you need anything, you can always come to Joey." he patted her shoulder, "Me and Chandler liveright across the hall, and he's away a lot."

Monica cringed, "Joey! Stop hitting on her! It's her wedding day!"

Joey huffed, turning to Magnolia, "How you doing?"

Magnolia shrugged, "I'm doing alright. What about you?"

Joey seemed  mortified, "Why didn't it work.. it always works! I'm losing my Joey-ness! Oh mama mia!" He shuffled over to the table to which he started to eat his sandwich with a weird look on his face. Soon later, the intercom buzzed, notifying that someone was awaiting.

Chandler came up to the door, "Please never do that again, it's a horrible sound."

"Uh, it's-- it's Paul."

Monica rushed forwards, "Buzz him in!"

"Who's Paul?"

"Paul the wine guy, Paul?"

Monica hesitated, "...Maybe"

Joey took another bite from his cheese and ham sandwich, "Wait a minute, your 'not a real date' tonight is with 'Paul the wine guy'?"

"He finally asked you out?"

Monica giggled, "Yes!" everyone cheered quietly, Magnolia winking at Monica and patting her back playfully.

"Ooh, this is a 'dear diary' moment." Chandler said, his hands on his hips.

Monica looked at Rachel who was still sat on the sofa, Magnolia crouching next to her, "Rach, wait. I can cancel-"

"Please, no, go. I'll be fine."

Monica then turned to Ross, "Ross, are you okay? I mean, do you want me to stay?"

Ross looked down at the cup in his hands, suddenly solem, "That would be good.."

"Really?"

"No! Go on! It's 'Paul the wine guy'!" Ross finished jokingly, egging his sister on. Monica moved to the door after hearing it knock.

"Hi, come in! Paul, this is..." Monica noticed that everyone had inched closer to the door, even Magnolia who was smirking at her. "..Everybody. Everybody, this is Paul."

Paul scanned everyone, his eyes stopping at Magnolia, "Holy crap, Magnolia Darling," he rushed towards her, "Wow, pleasure to meet you!"

Magnolia gave him a quick smile, something she had grown accustom to, "Sorry I didn't catch your name, Paul was it? I'm kidding, kidding, it's lovely to meet you too."

Monica ushered him in, "Two seconds,"

Pheobe looked over at her hands which held onto four of her eyelashes, "Oh I just pulled out four eyelashes, that can't be good!"

"Why don't you make a wish and blow them away?"