Beast

The sound of a phone ringing filled Kane Knight's subconscious. He groaned and grabbed the phone he kept besides his bed. His whole apartment is mainly his bedroom. His living room was mainly piled boxes that he never unpacked. He expected to get evicted soon anyway, he always was within a few months.

"What?" He asked, his exasperation clear.

"Morning Kane." His landlord's daughter, Candy, purred seductively. "What's up?"

He bit down on his lower lip, holding in his laughter. He always had this happen to him; whether it was the landlady or their daughters, nieces, even the landlord's wife once. It was always the same deal, sleep with them and he gets to stay in the apartment for a few extra months. He never did it, he was raised better than that. Either way, that action was something sacred to him, something he won't mess up.

He came back from his thoughts to speak to the sleazy landlord's daughter. She was definitely persistent. When he first moved in, she tried to seduce him. He never knew why it always happened to him, he always found himself average. "I was sleeping and would like to return to it."

"You know I ha-" She started.

"No." He interrupted.

"What?" She asked.

"I said no. What time should I leave?" He asked. Okay, maybe he doesn't always follow his mother's rule of 'respect woman' and 'treat others how you would like to be treated'. "For the millionth time I'm not wasting my time with a sleaze bag like you." Okay, he definitely did not always follow his mother's rules.

"GET THE HELL OUT NOW YOU-" He hung up before one, his ear drums started bleeding from Candy's high pitched scream or two, her rant of curses at him. He was used to it by now.

He looked at the boxes cluttering his living room. He took out his cell phone and called his brother, Tray. "Hello?" Tray answered.

"Hey bro. I need a place to stay."

"Wow, three months and you already got evicted, must be a new record." Tray said sarcastically.

"Yup, I'm reining champ for getting evicted."

"You should try buying a house. But I'll let you stay, for now."

"Thanks bro. I'll pack my stuff in the truck and be back soon."

"Okay. Later."

An hour later Kane had all the boxes packed up in his white gmc 2009 truck and drove to his brother's house. When he arrived he took the box with his clothes and special belongings to the guest room he usually stayed at. He sat on the couch in the living room and watched the news.

"In latest news, recent reports have been made of a strange reptilian like creature living in the woods outside of Healey, New York. Upon recent investigations, we have been able to conclude that the creature is only seen at night and has incredible speed. All are advised to avoid the woods at night until this creature is found." The announcer said. "Now back to Jerry Rich with sports."

"Weird stuff, uh bro?" Tray asked as he sat next to his brother, propping his feet up on the coffee table.

"You don't actually believe that crap do you?" Kane asked in disbelief.

"Different when you actually see it."

"You've seen it?" Kane's eyes bugged out as he starred at his brother.

"Yup. Hoping to catch the thing on camera. There's a reward for five hundred thousand dollars for evidence and a million dollar reward for the capture of it." Tray explained. "But it's impossible."