Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

"Okay?" I said. "Okay!" She said, gleefully already in her sleeping attire. I just shake my head, while I let out a soft giggle. I lay on the bed again and cover myself with blanket. I turn to my side and let myself drift off to sleep.

-What Should I Do?-

Y/N P.O.V

Months have passed... still we haven't find a way to go back to Hawkins. My sister is getting even more upset each passing seconds. I can tell how much she misses Mike. I just wish I can just do something to help her.

It's currently night time here in Hogwarts. So my sister and I are back at our room in the Gryffindor house. I watch my sister as she uses Astral Projector to see how Mike's doing.

Blood already drips down her nose, but she kept going. I want to stop her or she's going to get hurt. But I choose against it. If I interrupt, she's going to snap at me... which is the last thing I want. I know I'm stronger than her... seeing I can do more than her... but she's my sister and I don't want to hurt her.

She takes off the blindfold. "El?" I said, seeing the blank look in her eyes. Then out of no where she starts to scream.

I jump when the room starts to shake a little

I jump when the room starts to shake a little. I run to her and grab her shoulders. "Calm down, El! You're going to destroy the house!" I said. She calms down and collapse into my arms. Her head on my shoulder as she cried harder.

I hug her close, rocking her body back and forth while whispering sweet things in her ear. Things like "it's going to be okay..." "everything will be fine..." "I'm right here..." and more as an attempt to calm her down.

The door to our room swung open. I turn my head to see Hermione standing at the door. She take a look around the room, then at the two of us. She looks at El, who have calmed down in my arms.

She has fallen asleep. I pick her up in my arms and lay her down on the bed. I pull the blanket up to her neck and place a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Come with me..." I said in a hush tone, turning to look at Hermione. She nods her head and follows me out of the room. I close the door softly behind me so I don't wake her up.

We walk to the common room and sit on the couch. "So what happened?" She asked. "My sister misses Mike..." I said. "Who's Mike?" She said. "A boy that helped us back in Hawkins... him and my sister kind of... developed feelings for each other. But all these things starts happening and we're stuck here with no way to go back to Hawkins. It's getting hard for her... and she's starting to her unstable... and I don't know what to do..." I said. I cover my face with my hands and hunch forward.

Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. But it's not because I'm sad for myself... I'm sad for my sister... and the fact that I can't do a thing to help her makes me feel worse.

I feel Hermione patting my back softly. "I really wish I could help you, Y/N. But even I don't know how... I don't even know this whole portal thing..." she said. I just stay silent, not replying her as I continue to cry.

Hermione wraps her arm around my shoulder. I just turn to face her, hugging her tightly. She gently rubs my back to calm me down.

Time-skip

The others are in their class. While me and my sister are just walking around the school ground, to make sure nothing out of the ordinary happens around. That's what our job is. Protect Hogwarts in return for shelter.

We sit on the bench. My sister closes her eyes as she seem to be enjoying the soft breeze of the wind. I just sigh and look forward. I can see the student walking out of the class as it is now end of class.

Harry, Ron and Hermione makes her way to us. I just smile at them as they make their way towards us. Hermione sits next to me. Harry and Ron just stands up.

"What have you two been up to?" She said. "Nothing much... the usual... patrolling..." I said, turning my head to look at her. She hums at my respond. I turn to look at my sister to see her looking down.

Are you okay, El? I said. Fine... I'm just fine... she said. Are you sure? You don't sound fine... I said. Then why do you ask? If you know the answer?! She said. I got a taken aback by her respond. Her replies comes off a little harsher than usual.

El... what's wrong? I said. She suddenly stands up and turn to face me. "Do not ask me what's wrong! You know exactly what is wrong! We're stuck here and we can't go back to Hawkins. I want nothing but to go back there! I miss Mike, okay?! And I want to be with him!!" She yelled at me. Me and the others just stare at El wide-eyed.

This is the first time she speaks aloud. Usually it's in our mind through telepathy. But I guess she's too fed up to think about that and start yelling at me.

I stand up and place my hand on her shoulder. "El... I told you we will find a way to go back. And soon-" before I could finish my sentence, she cuts me off. "You said soon on day 37... you said soon on day 74... and now you said soon... how long is soon?!" She yelled at me angrily. She turns around and storms away.

"El!" I called out. But she ignores me and continues to walk away. My lips starts to tremble as I cry softly. I sit back down on the bench. Harry moves to sit next to me, which makes me sit in between Harry and Hermione.

My sister never raised her voice at me. She's slowly changing. Her emotion became more unstable. I'm so useless... I can't even do a thing to help my little sister to feel better. I can feel it... the sudden anger and desperation building up inside me. I have to get out of here... if I stay I might blow up.

I stand up and walk away. "Where are you going, Y/N?" I heard Hermione said. I can hear her footsteps too. "Don't follow me! It's not safe for you..." I said. Her footsteps comes to a halting stop. I start to run, to wherever my feet takes me.

I stop in the middle of the woods. "Fuck!!!" I yelled angrily.

(From a series

(From a series... I Am Not Okay With This. I haven't watch it... but it kept popping up in my YouTube suggestion. So for those of you who have... can you tell me whether it's a good show or not?)

When I do so... the tree around me shakes and fall over. I breathe heavily and drop on my knees. I sit on my bum and hug my knees. I'm scared for myself... but I'm more worried for my sister. Her outburst let's me know that she's slowly getting even worse.

What should I do?

*to be continued*