Chapter 2

Being in the castle wasn't always so bad, sometimes the weeks were better than others. Everything was all the same, however, but Cal tried to keep to himself as best as he could. As they entered the castle, Cal made a break from Dimitrescu. He needed to get back to his room or the attic before the daughters arrived.

If he stuck back long enough, he would have his own problems with the daughters. Cal looked back as he heard the laughter from the door. He shook his head, quickly rushing up the stairs. The last thing he needed was to be caught in the middle of girl time with them.

One person, better yet, one man.

They teased him, sometimes it got to the point that he was glad his nerves were cut off or he would feel more pain due to their harassing.

First time he had ever met him, he remembered it, he had fallen through a window. The daughters were pissed because of the cold air, but it was Heisenberg who had gotten him out of that.

It was before him and the daughters really got into it. They never thought he would be apart of Miranda's family. However, it really didn't go the way any of them had planned. Heisenberg, on the other hand, was happy. He could form young Cal into whatever he needed him to be.

From that point on Heisenberg was more like family than any of them. He couldn't stand any of them and Lady Dimitrescu made sure she used him in anyway she could.

He was learning from all of them, the things that they had to teach, but he preferred to spend time around Heisenberg than Dimitrescu and her daughters.

They made him absolutely miserable.

"Cal, where are you going Cal?" One of the daughters called.

Cal couldn't tell which it was, but he didn't quite care as they were all the same level of bad. Alcina wasn't as bad as her daughters, but she didn't want to be around her either.

Cal climbed up a ladder and squeezed down, under a crack. He sighed, finally sliding down the wall.

He was safe enough as none of them bothered him while he was in the attic or while he was in his room. Of course, things could always change, but for now, they wouldn't. Cal leaned back, glancing around for something. There was a journal he had hid in the attic.

Slowly, Cal pushed a book out of the way, nothing.

Cal stood, looking around the attic. Behind a desk, he pulled a journal out from behind the desk. He opened the journal, sighing. "There it is," he murmured softly.

A journal that he had kept ever since he arrived. It had everything, right down to the wire. He sighed, smiling slightly as he flipped the pages. Everything that had ever happened while he was in the village.

He wanted someone to know, especially if he had any family aside from his parents. Someone was out there that gave a shit about him, right?

Mother Miranda always painted it like no one cared about him, no one would ever come looking for him. She had to be wrong, he knew someone cared about him. Maybe not his parents, but somebody had to.

"Cal, come down here!"

The voice of Lady Dimitrescu.

Alcina always gave him a run for his money. Cal was still young, she viewed him as a child, but she liked having him around. Whenever it came to a maid or anyone human in the castle for that matter, Cal was always around.

Especially when something was done wrong. He never understood as to why. Was she trying to test him, see how he felt when it came to his own kind being in a bind?

Honestly, it didn't really bother him here nor there. It was all the same and they didn't know him so why should he actually care about what happened to strangers?

Cal closed the journal and hid it back behind the desk. He scooted through the hole in the wall and climbed down. Dimitrescu would never be able to get through there and her daughters were about as stupid as a box of rocks.

Never would they find him.

As he walked back out of the room he had gone through, he saw Alcina standing at the bottom of the stairs. "A moment, Cal."

With a sigh, Cal walked down the stairs. Near her was a woman, a maid it looked like. He knew what went on in the castle, the women that never came out. Though it wasn't just women, it was men too. She used them as test subjects, but chose never to stick his nose in business of that sort. He didn't want to know, he didn't want to care.

"What is it?" Cal asked.

"It's time to test your loyalty." Alcina smiled at Cal who narrowed his eyes.

Test his loyalty only meant one thing and he knew where to tell her to shove it. It wasn't about loyalty and he knew what she was going to ask.

"The dungeon, if you will." Alcina smiled at her.

"Can't you get one of your daughters to do it?" Cal hissed. "Or one of your freaks?"

Vampires, they roamed the grounds. They didn't speak, only snarled and moaned, some carried weapons. They would attack any strangers that roamed the castle grounds, almost like the Lycans. However, the vampires stayed in the castle while the Lycans roamed the village.

Alcina narrowed her eyes, sending Cal a glare that would usually make others do what she told. However, Cal wasn't worried. No matter what she did to him, he couldn't feel it. "Now," Alcina ordered. She knew she couldn't threaten him with much, but she would find a way.

Cal sighed, knowing that he just had to get through the week and then he'd leave. He could put up with the shit from everyone else, but he just needed to deal with her long enough to get through. "Fine," he hissed, softly.

He took a glance at the maid and walked over to her, gently taking her arm. He hated the dungeon, he had been there before, just roaming.

Now, he actually had to put someone in the dungeon.