05

this chapter is gonna be a bit short since I didn't really know where to go with the plot, and it's getting late and I have school tomorrow . 

The loud beeping sound from my alarm clock wakes me up from my sleep. Walking towards my bathroom, I start to brush my teeth and wash my face. My friendship with kian was falling apart, and I didn't even want to face him today, so I plop back into my bed. Hearing shuffling outside my door, of course it was my mother. 

" You going to school today?" she asked holding her purse in her hand.

" Yeah." I lied. 

" Okay, well i'll be home a bit later than usual tonight, so don't wait up. I left some money on the counter for food just in case you get hungry when you come home." She says. 

"Okay." I say before she walks out of my room. 

I pick my phone up off the table and decide to text Dylan. 

Me: not coming to school today. 

STB: why not? 

Me: just don't feel like it? Wanna come over?

STB:  yeah, i'll come after first is over. 

Me: okay :)

I put my phone on the bed and looked through my closet for some sweatpants to throw on. To kill some time, I went to the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal. I constantly kept checking the time to see when first period would end, praying for it to end faster. A good forty-five minutes passed before I heard the knock at my door. Looking through the peep hole, I saw it was Dylan. Opening the door, I engulfed him in a hug before letting him in. 

" You know when your mom is gonna be home?" he asks taking his shoes off.

"She's not coming till late." I say leaning on the counter. 

"Well, what do you want to do to make this marvelous day pass by?" he says popping a candy in his mouth. 

"Let's just walk around downtown." I say throwing on a hoodie and some slippers.

I grab my house key off the counter and walk out of the house, locking it after dylan comes out. We walked around for hours, talked, and goofed around. We stop at a local diner that's a bit busy, but find a unoccupied booth. Sitting down, we wait for a server to come to our table. 

"Hey guys, what could I get you today?" The waiter chirped.

" Can I get a cheeseburger with some fries and a sprite?" I say looking up at him.

"I'll have the same thing." dylan says closing the menu.

"Okay, and how would you like the burgers done?" He asked. 

"Well done." We said in unison. 

The waiter smiled and went to the back of the diner into the kitchen. Me and Dylan have never actually had a date. We obviously would hang out at school and shit like that, but actually being with him felt weird.  Anytime I was around him, I got butterflies in my stomach that felt impossible to get rid of. The waiter comes back with our drinks and places them on the table, giving us two straws before walking away.

" Did you mean what you said yesterday?" I said staring up at him after a few moments of silence. 

" I say a lot of things love, you have to remind me." he says chuckling softly. 

" About being in love with me." I say shyly. 

" Of course. Why wouldn't I mean that?" he said grabbing my hands. 

" I don't know. I just know how you are when it comes to other girls, and I don't want to be like the last one." I say looking away.

" Trust me baby, you wont be. Why do you think I like you? You're different from the other girls." he says smiling.

My cheeks heat up as he squeezes my hand and leans over the counter to give me a quick kiss on the forehead. 

**Fast forward after the date**

It started to get late as we walked back to my house at around eight. Reaching in my pocket for my key, I can feel his eyes on me. Turning around, I see him propped up on the side of my house with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I ask going back to unlocking the door.

"Nothing." he says chuckling.

"What? Tell me." I say wrapping my arms around him with my chin on his chest. 

He leans in and presses a soft kiss to my lips. He pulls away and flashes the cheekiest smile at me, making those butterflies reappear in my stomach. 

"Will I see you at school tomorrow?" he asks his hands slowly wandering down to my ass giving it a squeeze.

Gasping a little, my hands lay flat onto his chest. Looking up at him, I softly bite my lip and giggle to myself.

"Yeah, you'll see me tomorrow." I say smiling.

"Good. Can't ditch for you everyday. Even though I want to." He said mumbling the last part as he placed another kiss on my lips.

"Goodnight O'Brien." I say walking inside my house.

"Goodnight." he says shoving his hands in his pockets before walking off.

I jog up the steps and flop into my bed thinking: what am I getting myself into?