"Please take it off of me" Ada's voice cracked as hot tears burned down her cheeks "I'll do whatever you want! Please take them off, it hurts.." Ada started to sob, but Esther just stood there emotionless

"When animals do something bad, they are punished. That's how they learn," Esther grabbed Ada's arm, yanking it so that Ada's hands were over the bowl "and you Adaline, are nothing short of a disgusting pig"

Ada just started to cry more. She hated crying in front of people, but Esther had a hand firmly on her shackles, pressing them into her skin. Ada didn't care what insults Esther called her, all she could feel was nightmarish unspeakable pain.

Esther turned over Ada's hand, her palm facing up. Esther picked up a knife, and just as she was about to draw it over Ada's palm, Elena piped up "What are you doing?"

Both Ada and Esther looked over at her. She looked so visibly uncomfortable, but what normal person wouldn't be? Elena didn't think very highly of Ada, but that didn't mean she wanted her to be tortured, let alone watch.

Esther turned back to Ada's hand, cutting open the girl's hand. "Siphons steal magic, disrupt nature, destroy witch's creations" Ada's blood dripped into the bowl "but like every species, they have a weakness. Fittingly enough, their weakness is themselves, they cannot siphon their own siphoning ability, and since magic is in their blood, just like every other witch," Esther dropped Ada's hands "I do not want my children using her to destroy this weapon, so I will bind it with her blood, the only living siphon, making it truly indestructible." Alaric pulled Ada back as Esther started chanting.

Abruptly the bowl lit ablaze, melting the ring. Ada, Elena, and Alaric watched as the now silver liquid swirled with Ada's blood, the silver quickly overtaking the red. Esther picked up the stake from beside the bowl and stirred the liquid slightly, the shimmery liquid attached to the stake, and climbed up the slides of it. Once all the liquid had attached to the bottom of the stake, Esther lifted the stake into the air, flipping it over so that the liquid would drip down to the tip, creating a sort of web encasing the stake.

"The ultimate weapon, for the ultimate hunter" Esther held out the stake to Alaric, whose smirk grew as he took it from her hands

"What-" Ada's voice cracked "The fuck, is going on?" Ada felt like she was watching a tv show, except she never watched the first seven seasons

Esther shot a disgusted glare at Ada, it was so fucking petty, "I am turning Alaric into an original, like my children, expect his sole purpose is to kill my children"

Burning hot rage bubbled inside of Ada, hotter than the tears that burned down her cheeks or her sizzling wrists "WHAT THE FUCK! YOU STUPID CRAZY FUCKING BITCH YOU CAN'T CREATE ANOTHER ORIGINAL!" Ada shouted so loudly that Elena covered her ears

In an instant, Alaric had wrapped his hand around Ada's throat. Ada dangled in the air as Alaric strangled her, coughing, kicking, and trying desperately to make him remove his hand. But it was no use, the chains were cutting off her ability to siphon, she had no magic, she was weak. All she could think about was how this was the end, at the hands of someone she used to trust, of her only friend. "He will also work to cleanse this earth of other abominations, like you," Esther said, preparing for her next spell

"Stop! Let go of her!" Elena screeched, yelling at Alaric "Make him stop! You can't kill her!" Elena directed her yelling at Esther

Esther liked the doppelganger, she was compassionate and kind, sort of how she hoped her children would've turned out to be. Seeing the distress in Elena's eyes, Esther decided to take pity on the girl "Let her go" Esther sighed, Alaric could get rid of Ada another time.