XXV - C H A O S!

LIKES AND COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!

TW- PROFANITY/VIOLENCE/BLOOD/BETRAYAL 

WC- 1788

--(Y/N) POV---

I'm a sucker for good endings. Personally, I know I do not deserve one of those, but my people do. Innocence runs through the blood of these people. They cower under the fear of being hurt by the ruling powers, as I once did. I just took a turn in the wrong direction. My feet plant themselves in a loop of missionary. First, I fend for myself from those corrupt hands, now I fend for the people I care for. My friends, but I might as well call them my family at this point.

Eret was leading us to what might be our happy ending. The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Could this possibly be our end of the rainbow? It all felt too easy.

Small chatters of the excited citizens bounced off the walls of the tunnel leading to the Final Control Room.

"This is a hypers moment, Tommy! Imagine how cool I'd look with netherite armor." Tubbo exclaimed as he jumped up and down.

Tommy joined his wave of excitement as he nodded his head quickly. "I can already imagine the luxurious taste of a golden apple!"

Wilbur cut in from ahead of me, "Let's not get too ahead of ourselves, Eret doesn't have all that time for those! Unless..."

"It'll be much better," Eret lets out a low laugh. "You'll just have to wait and see," Eret turns around giving us a small wink as they halt. Their feet lie at the border of a lit-up black-stone room.

"Welcome"

Pause...

"to the final control room."

Tommy's first reaction is to push aside Eret in a rather impolite way. Tubbo lets out a small giggle, and he follows the excited blonde with Fundy following close behind. After Tubbo and Fundy, Wilbur cuts past Eret to observe the underground room.

My steps are small as I approach the room only to be caught off-guard by an un-easy Eret. With their arms crossed and his attention directed to the surface below, I slowly approach him. As my feet stop only inches away from his. He slowly looks up at me with a look of accomplishment.

"Eret-" I'm about to speak until the young blonde interrupts.

"I wonder what this button does..."

Wilbur looks up from a chest with his name gently engraved in it. His hands are empty. His chest is empty...
"Tommy, wait!" Wilbur calls.

He was too late...

Click!

I quickly, yet ever so quietly, pulled out two of my daggers that were equipped around my waist.

A small creak echoed around the small room signaling a red-stone reaction. Something definitely happened. What if it's the opening to the actual control room?

But before I could picture a room with the walls engraved with diamond ore, a wall followed by three others shifted open.

It felt as if the world was going in slow motion at this point. Tommy's eyes shift from the already clicked button to the opening black-stone walls. Tubbo and Fundy, who stand inches away from each other, wear expressions of curiosity at the sudden noise. And Wilbur? He slowly turns around to see the small smirk forming on Eret's face.