IX - C O C K Y!

VOTES AND COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!

TW- PROFANITY/MENTIONS OF DEATH

WC- 1261

--(Y/N) POV --- 

With the flick of his wrist, the knife embeds itself in the splintering wood behind my shaking figure. I let out a shaky breath of relief. That wasn't bad at all. To be honest, I thought I would get killed. Heck, I could probably do it again. I am just that amazing. 

I hold my head up high with a grin spread across my face as I am just about to walk away from the target. "Not yet," the green man stops me in my prideful tracks. "You've still got two more." He holds up two knives, so they were visible to my eyes. 

I really needed to tame my cocky attitude towards these types of scenarios. I step back to the board with a shiver of realization. The knife previously thrown was only three inches from hitting me in my right arm. I let out a breath as a turn back to the knife-holding Dream. 

A gulp and nod to his readied stance; I might as well get this over with. 

And with yet another flick of the wrist, he threw directly at my un-sturdy figure. It plants itself not even an inch above my head. 

I let out the breath I hadn't noticed I held deep within me. "Eyes on me," he demands, making me snap from my long-lasting stare at the knife. I look back at him only to look back at Sapnap. He giggles at my ghostly ecpression  

There was a sudden sharp pain at the side of my neck. There lied the last knife, right on the side of my neck. Only it was right outside of my neck, cutting a small sliver of my skin. I breathe out a shaky breath and yank the knife out from the wood. 

"You should see your face right now!" Sapnap burst out laughing while holding onto Dream's shoulder for support. I look up at Dream who's also giggling with his friend. They're like children. Children that are begging to be punched where the sun doesn't shine. But what if it wasn't a punch?

"Your turn," I coo as I look up at the duo. 

"My what?" Dream questions, dumbfounded. 

"You heard me," I speak, pointing at him to the wooden board with the tip of the knife. "Are you scared or something?" 

He seems lost in thought. "I can't trust your knife skills; you'll kill me!" 

"Yeah, I don't enjoy getting knives thrown at me on the spot too."

And he listens. He stands in front of the wooden board, chin up high and expressionless. "Eyes on me," I mock as I point the knife between my eyes, barely grazing my skin. With the yank of my arm, the knife is sent flying towards the board. 

I missed not only him but also the board. The knife went flying over the board in rapid spinning motions. "Note to self, never trust a woman with a knife," Tommy speaks from behind. 

Sapnap and Dream burst into a fit of laughter, both walking toward me and George following close behind. 

"You're lucky I didn't stab you," I spit at the laughing boys. 

Sapnap bursts out laughing again. "If you could even make it! Your aim is as bad as," he's about to finish his sentence until Dream shushes him with his hand. 

"But with the right amount of practice, you'll get much better," Dream starts. "Except for Sapnap,- he's no better than you." 

A smile perked to your face. This place, these people, maybe they weren't all that bad. 

***

Weeks went by, maybe even months. I had grown a powerful bond with these people, and for once I felt safe. They had accepted me into their lives, even if it was only for one task. We needed to assassinate the king. A king who marks my name as a number. 

My mind wants to stay away from this dreadful assassination, but I craved the blood. Sometimes, I'd rather stay with my new friends and brother. 

Over time, I had gained a better knowledge of throwing knives and I had gotten closer to my brother. He's still clueless about who I really am, but we've created a friendly bond. It's good to see him after these years, but the mystery of his memory loss is the death of me.

Sapnap will still bicker with my sassy re-marks, which eventually lead to a laughing fit. I'd consider him a friend, but other days not so much.

The man in green, Dream, was a mysterious person. The only time's I would see him were during our training sessions. To top it all off, he rarely showed to them. He was always off doing something I assumed to be the benefit for our side. 

"Our target will be the back wall of the Yarin Castle, where Sapnap, (Y/N) and I will sneak in," Dream demonstrates, as he points at the blueprint in the center of the table. "I've been informed that the least amount of guards were in that area, so I planted a small pile of TNT by the wall."

"Then what will the rest of us do," Tommy starts. "I want to do something cool with all the bombs and shit!"

"The rest of you will be the distraction," Dream answers. "You will split off in duos and set off a few bombs of your own to distract everyone. That's why there is a very limited amount of people entering the castle itself." 

We all nod in interest at the plan Dream had set up. He really has been planning this. Learning the everyday schedule of the Yarin castle must have been perilous and cost a couple of invisible potions, which are very expensive. 

He takes us through all the escape plans and the meeting places. He has multiple different strategies for if things go wrong. The plan is fool-proof. It's carefully thought over and everything. His area of thought completely impressed me. 

We had the plan, people, and weapons; we were set! Though, the perfect time would take place on a Tuesday. Not just any Tuesday, bonfire Tuesday. The day in which everyone is in their worst possible mindset, preparing for the rotten stench of the dead. But that was the only time we could pursue the plan. 

It all brought chills to the back of my spine when I heard about the date. I had seen the lives of beaten-down civilians get thrown into that fire. One day I'll speak to a shop-owner, the next they were found in the pile of rotting corpses. 

Every one of those Tuesdays I would spend the night sobbing broken tears. It would be a lie to say I still don't do that. I've gained small bonds with the townspeople. It can all be prevented now. 

With one simple plan. The plan my bare hands craved for all that time.

It was time I get my revenge. 

- - C O C K Y! - - -

- - - 03/07/2021 - -

***SHAMBLES!- A/N

No regular posts for a bit. It do be finals week tho. I've also got a lot on my list for Spring Break as well so hang with me here ;). I should still be posting tho! Just writing all of the chapters leading up to the climax of pt1. Did I say part 1? crap, I've said too much BYE!

thanks for 850+ reads!! <3

SPOTIFY LINK- https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7weYH5qhFJJ6fYAd2cUeUe?si=b8d067f12a1747c9

(or search SHAMBLES! via Spotify)