☕︎ 𝙾𝚗𝚎 ☕︎

Bokuto POV

It was a nice, Wednesday morning, 11:02am to be exact. The sky was devoid of clouds, allowing the summer heat to really take effect. Bokuto, who had just left his dorm, was taking his time to walk to class, carrying his grey and black bag at his side as he enjoyed the feeling of the sun against his slightly tanned skin. He had his usual bounce in his step, almost making it look as if he were skipping. And as he hummed along to a random song that he had recently heard on the radio, the owl-like male decided that he needed to fulfil his craving for caffeine.

You see, Bokuto had developed quite the caffeine addiction at the beginning of highschool. He simply couldn't function without having his daily dose of coffee in the morning. This bad habit followed him into college, though it had calmed a bit over the years. And so, present day Bokuto decided he needed to take a detour. Although, seeing as he visits this café everyday, it couldn't really be considered a detour, could it?

"Anteros Café," he reads the name of the establishment aloud before cracking a wide grin. The words felt ever-so-natural in his mouth, like this was a place that he was meant to arrive at. With a grin still painted over this face, he'd happily open the doors to the shop, resulting in the bell on top of the door making a soft 'ding' sound.

The moment the doors had opened, Bokuto felt a wave of calm wash over him. The smell of coffee beans and cinnamon overcame his senses, the warmth from within the shop engulfing his body like a warm hug. The feeling that the café gave off made the male feel as if he were melting into that calming atmosphere, his muscles subconsciously relaxing as he went to go sit at his usual table. Soft lofi hip-hop music was playing in the background throughout the entire shop, not being loud enough to distract the few student inside that were studying or perhaps just grabbing a cup of coffee.

The shop was brown and white themed, occasional black accents being thrown in here and there. Lights hung from the roof above the tables and countertops, just bright enough for students to safely read but not bright enough to damage the homey atmosphere of the cafe.

When the pointy-haired boy heard approaching footsteps, he had assumed it was his normal waiter, Kenma, who usually tended to this table. What he wasn't expecting to see was a black haired god approaching him. And before Bokuto could even process the fact that he was being approached by one of the prettiest people he had ever seen, they had already arrived at the table.

"Hello, I'll be your server for today. Have you decided on what you'd like to order?" the server would state. Despite the new males voice being an obvious 'customer service' voice, Bokuto could've sworn that he had just heard an angel speak.

"Sir?"

The white haired boy blinks, realizing that he had been zoning out, starring at this beautiful being in front of him. "Oh, yeah. I'll just get an iced vanilla bean coffee" he says, with a bright smile. Before he even had the chance to make a flirty comment, the waiter had already started walking towards the counter.

A few moment would pass before the server started heading back towards Bokuto, drink and receipt in hand. "Here you go, sir. That'll be $2.61," the black haired boy would say. Bokuto thanks him but he wouldn't get much of a response. The waiter would just do a small bow before walking away. This would bother the college student, resulting in a short huff and him angrily sipping at his drink. That's when he'd get an absoloutely genius idea and grabbed a pen, scribbling something down on to the receipt and calling his server back over.

"Excuse me, I believe my ticket is incorrect." Bokuto says, handing the peice of paper over the the tired-looking waiter, watching as he hurries off. It would be about two minutes later when the waiter walked past the table, dropping the receipt in front of Bokuto as me made his way to a different area. The note read:

_________________________________________

abcdefghiujklmnopqrstvwxyz
I put the U and I together ;)

-Bokuto

I think you misplaced D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E

- Coffee Boy

________________________________________

This didn't upset Bokuto, it didn't upset him at all. In fact, it made him chuckle. He was just about to write a response when he remembered that he had a class to be in. And so, he grabbed his drink and ran out the door, leaving his written-on receipt on the table for the black haired beauty to find.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It's 4am 🤠
edited