"That's wonderful news, we hope to see continuous improvement but do tell us, what happened that night?"

"Before the attack, Petra came to me asking for information about Colette and her family. I... I didn't give in because I realized her intentions. She wanted to hurt the girl, maybe even her relatives a-and I didn't tell anyone because I thought eventually she'd stop ya know? But she didn't. I started following her for a few days to a week and that one night I was just in the right place I guess. I saw her stop Colette, they talked, the girl explained that she didn't intentionally mean to get in between whatever she and the queen had going on but Petra was just mean," Sam said gazing over to the woman who sat considerably close, he smelled her sweet perfume and it reminded him of that night.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to her before resuming.

"She choked Colette and before she could bite her, I intervened, and...and she killed me by severing my head,"

"Is that correct, miss Areya?"

Petra shrugged nonchalantly. "Yes, that's correct."

The elders were concerned at her nonchalance, some were infuriated but didn't state their personal opinions.

"Enlighten us about the second time you castigated Miss Rivers,"

"After the first attack, I fled from the estate. Adira sent her hooligans after me and during their attempt to capture me, I was injured by Lyra. I also took the lives of the two revenants sent after me: Damon, Sal including Lyra. The next day I showed up at one of Adira's property and by this time it was probably weeks since the first attack, I'm not certain how many. Anyway, Colette was alone, well not exactly there were two delinquents outback sleeping and I was just able to invite myself in,"

Adira frowned. She was never made aware by the revenants that they were sleeping instead of taking care of Colette. Maybe if they weren't, none of that would've happened thought the woman.

"I told miss Rivers that I was only there to see her majesty. I had finally come to terms with my shortcomings but the girl grew nervous and drew a gun on me. We talked back and forth, I said some things she didn't seem to like and then she shot me, the bullet grazed my arm. Colette shot me again and I rushed her. I grabbed her by the thr-"

The door to the large room wailed open yet again and the dark figure that entered incited an uproar. Some people cheered, some cursed in their mother tongue and quickly an elder picked up their gavel, banging it incessantly.

"Order! Order!"

The man had not seen the reason for the uproar as yet and neither did most.
But from the position she was in, Colette was able to see this figure entirely and in her seat, the brunette froze.

Her emeralds widened at the sight of a woman who looked almost identical to Adira. This figure was slim though, not as muscular as Adira and she seemed taller. Her hair laid around her touching her hips like beautiful black waves from a foreign ocean. This figure wore a dark coloured gown that swept the ground and boy did everything else remind the girl of the queen: the way she walked with that air of certainty and swagger.

The closer this woman came, Colette descried the scars on her face. There were vertical scars on both brows and a scar on her upper lip. They made her look dangerous, like a woman who lived and one who lived adventurously, nonetheless, these scars made her beautiful, they made her unique. 

Beside her, Colette realized Adira tensed and a glance across to her revealed the queen's obvious discomfort and annoyance. By the time this quiet woman walked over to the section of the room the elders sat, the spectators, the occupants and their murmurs had died down.