Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

He ruffled my hair and laughed again. "C'mon, Lei, you'll love it."

"Actually now that I think about it, is love to push you off a plane. Without a parachute," I shot back.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the skydiving place. My stomach dropped at the sight of the place. Or was it because Blake was holding my hand? Or was it both? You know what? Let's just forget those thoughts and focus on the fact that I was about to jump out of a damn plane.

"...and we'll be with you the whole time," the employee smiled. I was too busy having a panic attack to listen as the employee, Jeff of all names, led us to the fitting rooms.

"Alright, you'll need these jumpsuits," he explained, "and after you're finished changing, head over to the wear house down the hall to get your parachutes.

Blake nodded and I stared out into the distance, clutching my stomach. I finally grabbed the jumpsuit, sent the employee a fake smile, and changed quickly.

"I hate you Blake Hemingway. I hate you so much. With all my heart."

"Aww, that's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me," he replied.

I knew there was no backing out. I thought of a way to try and escape, but there was no use.

I decided to just get it over with, and jogged over to another employee with parachutes. Blake was already there and ready, as I listened to the employee's instructions.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road," she smiled. We walked over to a small plane, and climbed into it.

She started the engine and we took off flying a few minutes after that. Blake was rubbing his hands together eagerly as I tried not to puke all over the plane. Two extra employees strapped themselves to us, and opened the plane door.

Blake and I screamed. We jumped out of the plane and screamed the whole way down. I managed to stop screaming for a few seconds when we turned towards the sky. Those few seconds were actually pretty relaxing until we faced the ground again.

"Start running!" The employee screamed in my ear after he opened the parachute.

"Okay!" I screamed back. We both ran in mid air, until we finally reached the ground. I sank to my knees once he released me.

Blake came down next to me, and we both lied on the ground for a few minutes.

"Once again, I hate you Blake."

* * *

We did a few more extreme things like rock climbing, cliff diving, and laser tag, all of which I wasn't really fond of. It wasn't even 3' o clock yet.

My idea of the perfect summer was going swimming, to the mall, or sleepovers.

What could I say?

"So the next thing is going to the carnival. I did a little research, and it looks like they're having the 'scariest ride' there," Blake explained in the car.

"Can we take a break? Eat lunch or something?" I asked tiredly.

"Yeah, at the carnival. After the ride. Don't want little Lei to puke all over the other riders, right?"

"Sure, sure, whatever."

We arrived at the carnival, and Blake dragged me straight to the ride. We didn't even get a chance to really look at the place!

The line for "Rally's Roller Coaster was surprisingly not long. Probably because everyone decided to be normal and get lunch.

The wait was ten minutes tops, and the ride itself was about a minute long. Man, a whole 60 seconds of loop de loops and steep falls.

By the time we were up, the employee had us take out anything in our pockets or purses and set them in a plastic bin.

Then I had an idea.

Blake loved to go on rides more than once, so since the lines were extremely short, it was his advantage to ride more, and mine to escape.

As I thought of this plan, I was screaming my head off while the ride went on.

I was of course right, and Blake wanted to do a couple more rounds. I complained that my stomach was hurting, and although he looked suspicious, he let me sit this one out. Perfect.

Blake was stupid enough to leave his keys in the plastic bin, so once the ride got started, I darted out of the place with my purse and his keys.

I had a good minute until he noticed, so I ran out of there and out of the carnival like a bat out of hell. Thankfully Te ride was the closest to the main entrance.

I dashed towards the Dodge and started the ignition.

"Oh, thank god!" I yelled as I drove out of the parking lot.

Minute later, my phone rings.

"Hey there, buddy!" I said enthusiastically into the phone.

"Good one Lei. Really good one," said Blake angrily.

"Hey, don't feel bad! The bus is right down the street, or you can fall your boyfriends!" I shot back happily. Just wait till the girls heard about this.

"Oh, look what you forgot! Guess I'll be having some dinner tonight, considering you forgot your wallet!"

My smile disappeared as soon as I heard those words. I pulled over and checked my purse. Dammit.

Wait a sec....

We must've switched wallets, since ours was the same color.

"Well, well, well," I sneered, "looks like I have the mall covered!"

Lei: 1 , Blake: 0

* * *

Holy screwdriver 26k!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys so much for supporting me in this story!!!

Song~Runaway Baby-Bruno Mars

~C