IX

~~~~~~

After calming Vicky down I sent her upstairs to get some rest and I grabbed my phone to call Drew and let him know on what was happening with Emrys. I walked back into the kitchen with the phone up to my ear and waited for him to answer as I remade my coffee. After a few rings it went to his voicemail and my phone dinged causing me to remove it from my ear and look at the notification. It was a text from him saying he was in a board meeting and would call me back later so I hung up and continued to make my coffee before a knock at the door caught my attention.

I furrowed my eyebrows and checked the clock before setting my cup down and heading to the door. I peaked out the window before opening the door and saw it was the girl from the hospital; Vicky's girlfriend if I'm not mistaken. I opened the door causing her to look up nervously with a small smile.

"Hello Mrs. Sheard, I'm Aavya. Sorry about not formally introducing myself yesterday." She said after clearing her throat and once she was done speaking she stuck out her hand for me to shake.

"It's fine dear. There was a lot happening yesterday so I don't mind. It's nice to meet you as well." I said as I shook her hand before allowing her to step inside. She came in and looked around before standing there nervously, it was honestly amusing but I kept my laughter inside.

"Its only noon shouldn't you be at the school?" I asked as she was stepping inside.

"Well yes but I came to check on Vicky. She called me this morning and told me what was happening with Emrys and she sounded really upset so I wanted to make sure she was good." She explained to me as I closed and locked the door behind her.

"Well I just sent her upstairs so she could wash up and rest but I'll let her know you're here. Go ahead and take a seat on the couch I'll be right back down." I said as I made my way over to the stairs. I glanced back at her and saw her nod before heading over to the couch and sitting down.

I just shook my head and laughed to myself as I made my way up the stairs and to Vicky's room. I passed the bathroom on my way to her and saw that the mirrors were foggy so she had most likely just gotten out the shower. I knocked on her door and made my way in after hearing a quiet 'come in'.

"You're friend is downstairs for you." I said smoothly as she sat at her vanity brushing her hair out.

"My friend?" She asked in confusion as she thought about who it could be.

"Mhm your little friend Aavya from the hospital yesterday. She's sitting downstairs waiting for you." I said putting slight emphasis on the word friend just to see how she would react.

I could tell that it got her attention cause her eyes slightly widened but quickly went back to their normal size as she nodded her head and put her brush down.

"Alright well I'll be on my way down in a second. Thanks for letting me know." She said before gently clearing her throat whilst putting her things away. I decided to push a little further just to see what I could get out of her today, not in a forceful way but just playfully since she thinks that I don't know.

"You alright? You look like you got something on your mind." I asked as I walked over to her. I stood behind her and looked at her through her vanity mirror as she continued to put her things away and not make eye contact.