VI

That afternoon

We spent soooo much money today. Taking Dorinda shopping with us was a very bad decision, she dragged us into every store that she saw. We got to the mall around 11:30 and didn't leave until it was almost 5.

"Okay now we can go." Dorinda said as the cashier handed her a bag full of clothes along with a receipt. She happily took the bag before handing it to Victoria.

"Boom. Now you got some clothes for church." She said while putting her card back into her purse.

"Finally. I need to go home and get started on dinner." I said as I stood up from the bench that was by the shop doors.

"I don't even know why you asked Dorinda to come shopping with us. You know she have us out and about all day." Jacky said as she stood up as well.

I simply nodded in agreement as we all walked out of the door. We each had about 6 bags each, most of them being things for Victoria. We got her some shoes, some clothes, a few things for her hair, some jewelry that she nearly begged us not to buy, and a phone.

"You guys really didn't have to get me all this stuff. It's honestly too much." Victoria said as we made our way outside to the parking lot.

"Vicky baby don't worry about it. You're one of ours girls now we take care of all of y'all. Even if it means spending all day in the mall with Dorinda shopaholic self." Jacky said as we approached the car. I hummed in agreement before setting the bags I was carrying down to get my keys.

"Hold on y'all. Set all the bags down around her so I can take a picture!" Dorinda exclaimed as she set her bags down and pulled out her phone.

"Oh no I don't like taking pictures. We don't need to take a picture." Victoria said quickly. She reached for the car door trying to hurry up and get inside so she could avoid the picture but it was locked.

"Nope come on. We're making memories so we gotta take a picture." Dorinda replied as she placed all the bags around Victoria's feet.

"Come on. I'll get in the picture with you." I said in a comforting tone as I walked over to where she was standing. She eased up a little bit and nodded before setting the bags she was holding down.

She fixed her hair a little and pulled her dress down before smiling softly. I looked over towards Dorinda and smiled as well waiting for her to take the picture.

"Okay now Karen move so she can take her own picture." Dorinda said after finally taking the picture.

"You could've said please." I joking said as I moved out of the way. I went and stood by Jacky as Victoria tried to find a pose to do.

She bent down and moved the bags around a little bit before standing up straight and doing her pose. She had her hands behind her back, her legs crossed in front of her and her head tilted to the side. She gave Dorinda a small smile which she didn't like.

"Now I know you can smile bigger than that. Come on guh lemme see them teeth." Dorinda shouted playfully causing Victoria to laugh.

Her laugh caused her smile to brighten and her dimples to show more, it was perfect for the picture and obviously Dorinda thought so too because she took multiple pictures of Victoria smiling like that.