XXI

(look at them looking like twinsss🥺💚)

~~~~~

Vicky had ended up crying herself back to sleep within 15 minutes but I just kept holding her. My back was starting to hurt a little from how I was sitting so I slowly unwrapped my arms from around Vicky in an effort not to wake her up but it was no use. As soon as my arms left from around her she started to wake up so I had to move quickly.

I grabbed the remote to the bed and adjusted it so it was in more of an upright position. I grabbed the pillow and set it behind me before sitting up in a more comfortable position. Once I was seated to my liking I brung Vicky back over to me and rubbed her back as she went back to sleep. As I was doing that Kierra and Drew walked in with some food from Olive Garden.

"Hey Ki, hi honey." I said with a small smile.

"Hey Mommy. She still asleep?" Kierra asked as she came around to the bed and kissed my cheek before sitting down.

"She just went back to sleep about 20 minutes ago. Between the pain medicine and some tears she'll be out for a while." I said as I glanced down at Vicky to make sure she was alright. Drew came over after Kierra and gave me a kiss before looking down at Vicky as well.

"Did you tell her?" He asked as he walked around to the other side of the bed.

"Yeah I told her. She was pretty upset but I think she'll be alright. We'll get through this." I said with a sigh before looking at him and speaking again with a smile.

"But guess what."

"What?"

"She called me mommy earlier." I said as my smile got bigger.

"She did??" Kierra butted in looking shocked.

"Mhm, when I came back earlier and about twenty minutes ago. She sounds so adorable." I cooed as I leaned down and kissed Vicky's forehead.

"Uh oh. She finna get to babying her like she do J Drew." Kierra said jokingly making Drew and I laugh.

"Oh hush Kierra. Go look at the video I posted on instagram, you can hear her in the background." I said as I looked over at her. She nodded and pulled out her phone going to the app and to my page.

"Turn it up so I can hear." Drew chimed in as he watched Kierra too. She simply nodded and turned her volume up before playing the video and listening.

"Aww she sounds like a little kid. That's so cute!" Kierra said with a smile once she heard Vicky's voice in the background of my video. I looked over at Drew and saw him sitting there with a smile as he looked down at Vicky.

"She was waiting for you to come see her, want me to wake her up?" I asked making him look up at me.

"No, let her sleep for a little while longer. I'm not going anywhere."

"Aww y'all so cute. Y'all need a parent of the year award or something." Kierra interrupted with her fake crying and sniffling.

"Oh my goodness you are a mess." I said with a laugh before continuing.

"You are definitely your auntie's niece. She told me I was 'Mommy of the Year' earlier."

"Must've been Dorinda." Drew chimed in from his seat.

"Now you know it was." I replied. I felt Vicky started to move around in my arms so I started rubbing her back again to lull her back to sleep but she woke up anyway. She opened her eyes but quickly shut them because of the lights and hid her face in my neck again.

"You enjoy your little cat nap?" I asked as I continued to rub her back. She shook her head lightly before responding.

"Uhn uhn I wanna go back to sleep." She mumbled sleepily causing me to laugh.

"But if you go to sleep you won't be able to talk to Poppa Rew and Ki." I said as I looked over at Drew.

"Poppa's here??" She asked almost immediately popping up which caused me to laugh.

"I'm right here Vi." He said with a light chuckle making her turn her head. She smiled and moved out of my arms in an effort to sit up.

"Hey hey slow down kiddo, I don't want you to hurt yourself." Drew said as he reached out towards her. She stopped for a second and nodded before slowly sitting up so she wouldn't hurt herself.

Once she was sitting up by herself she fixed her glasses and then reached her arms out towards Drew in order to get a hug. He slightly shook his head before getting up from his seat and coming over to the bed giving Vicky a hug.

"Well what am I? Chopped liver??" Kierra butted in playfully. At the sound of her voice Vicky pulled back from Drew and turned towards Kierra with her arms out as well.

"Nope you done gave Mama and Daddy all your love." Kierra said jokingly as she shook her head and folded her arms.

"I sowwy Ki. Can I please have a hug?" Vicky said playfully in a babyish tone. Kierra shook her head once again causing Vicky to poke out her bottom lip and bat her eyelashes before asking again.

"Pleaseee sissy can I have a hug?"

Kierra playful façade dropped quickly once she heard Vicky call her sissy and she smiled before getting up.

"Okay okay I guess you can have a hug." She said as she walked over and wrapped Vicky up in a hug and started rocking her back and forth a little. I just sat back and smiled as I watched them hug one another before letting each other go.

My girls are finally getting along.

~~~~~~
word count: 983

edited