chapter ten - i need you!

before this chapter starts, just a reminder that this chapter includes mentions of fam!ly !ssues  and ab!se. if you're uncomfortable with any of these subjects, then please consider clicking off!

thanks for the support! — busybee <3

~~~

—seven years later—

i arrived home from a daily stroll to cool my head, to the filthy smell of alcohol.

at this point, i gave up trying to help him...

"finally!"  a raspy voice growled. "where were you, brat?"

i'm used to the yelling and remarks from my drunk father, he was just obsessed with the liquor he drank every single freaking second of the day.

"none of your business." i mumbled before going to my room to get ready.

"what did you just say?!" he screamed.

"...i need to get leave for work. since your lazy butt can't do anything."

"you...! come here right now—"

then the front door slammed shut.

♡♡♡

yes, i was thirteen and i had a job.

guess who i can blame that on?

my job isn't anything too hard, just a cashier at a local service station.

it was a long ten minute bus ride, then a three minutes.

i was greeted with a arm wrapping around my shoulder.

"hey yeosang-hyung!" a familiar bubbly voice smiled.

"hello hyuka." i replied, forcing a smile.

huening kai (who we nicknamed hyuka) and yeonjun were the only people i really talked to, plus their friends (soobin, beomgyu and taehyun).

then again, i only talked to them since they worked with me...

"yeosang! i didn't know you had a shift today?" yeonjun waved, then looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"oh, well originally i didn't." i admitted. "but then i decided to work extra, 'cause i really need it."

i wasn't lying. i needed money for rent, food, clothes, bills...

it's hard to look after a house, all by yourself.

thanks a lot dad.

"be sure not to overwork yourself!" yeonjun chuckled.

"okay." i answered.

but this time i was lying.

♡♡♡